• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books not picked up from the Post Office??
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Maybe someone can give some insight here. My books were delivered to the post office on 6/29 and it seems that no one has picked up my box. When I check the submission tracker on the CGC site, it say either not delivered or not scanned in yet. As someone who has sent in numerous submissions, the process of picking up and scanning in the box for storage should not take this long.  

Please advise. 

• Administrator

Hello, do you happen to have the tracking number available? You can check to be sure this has arrived at our warehouse on our main webpage at the bottom of the page. Once received it can take up to 20 days to go through the intake process and be entered into the system. This depends greatly on the number of submissions being received at the time of delivery. With the recent holiday, you can expect some additional delays. 

image.png

Dealing with the same problem. Now it has a reminder to pick up the package by the 17th. I presume it is there and ok, however, with expensive packages like these it sure adds stress to wait and wonder…

Even in the busier times this is the first time I’ve encountered this. Maybe I’ll have better luck Monday. I hope. 

IMG_5552.jpeg

On 7/8/2023 at 12:51 PM, Cornelius The First said:

Dealing with the same problem. Now it has a reminder to pick up the package by the 17th. I presume it is there and ok, however, with expensive packages like these it sure adds stress to wait and wonder…

Even in the busier times this is the first time I’ve encountered this. Maybe I’ll have better luck Monday. I hope. 

IMG_5552.jpeg

CGC has the PO Box in their facility so they don't really have to go offsite to get them.  It's already in their possession. 

On 7/8/2023 at 10:46 PM, greggy said:

CGC has the PO Box in their facility so they don't really have to go offsite to get them.  It's already in their possession. 

I fully understand that. However, not scanning in packages for a week…I’m patient, it just adds some unnecessary confusion that seemingly could be avoided with a better scanning process…since, regardless of that fact, how do I ‘KNOW’ it’s there? 

On 7/8/2023 at 11:05 PM, Cornelius The First said:

I fully understand that. However, not scanning in packages for a week…I’m patient, it just adds some unnecessary confusion that seemingly could be avoided with a better scanning process…since, regardless of that fact, how do I ‘KNOW’ it’s there? 

I'm in the same boat. Books arrived on the 3rd and when tracking on USPS website they say if not collected by the 17th they will be returned to me. Hopefully I'll have good news next week.

On 7/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, Vrishnak said:

I'm in the same boat. Books arrived on the 3rd and when tracking on USPS website they say if not collected by the 17th they will be returned to me. Hopefully I'll have good news next week.

I would predict that we do. Just a frustration that I hope is addressed. Holiday week at that, but it sounds very common. 

On 7/6/2023 at 2:47 AM, CrystalM CS said:

Hello, do you happen to have the tracking number available? You can check to be sure this has arrived at our warehouse on our main webpage at the bottom of the page. Once received it can take up to 20 days to go through the intake process and be entered into the system. This depends greatly on the number of submissions being received at the time of delivery. With the recent holiday, you can expect some additional delays. 

image.png

Thank you for the 20 day reminder.  It seems many people are anxiously awaiting their books to be entered into the system.  Your post helped me to remain patient.  I can't imagine waiting months.  That requires some powerful zen-like patience.  (worship)

On 7/10/2023 at 11:37 PM, Super Team United said:

A week? Dude consider yourself lucky you weren't here when it took MONTHS to scan them in lol

Not new to the game. I sent multiple packages in during the height of their busy period. Waited over a year for some books I didn’t fast track. Those packages were always scanned in prior to receiving a message that they would need picked up. Looked unusual, since this seems common lately, something in the scanning in process may have changed. My main concern was not seeing a delivered status through the postal service site which was a new occurrence. I know how long the process can take once delivered. Thanks dude. 

Mine show collected/delivered on July 5th, even though yesterday it was pending collection at the Sarasota Post Office. Now just waiting for them to show up in "Confirm Package Delivery" with the tracking number.

This seems to be a trend.  I too, am awaiting confirmation of receipt by CGC.  As previously mentioned in this tread, the turnaround times have drastically improved from a couple of years ago.  I am curious about one thing though, current turnaround time for modern books is 20 business days.  Do the 20 days start from when the shipment is delivered, scanned into CGC or entered into the grading process?  On another note, in CGC's rebuttal (near the start of this thread) they display where you can enter your tracking number to check if the parcel has been accepted. (This display is not a true link to the tracking option but rather a 'png' file.  Below (second image) is how the site looks on my end.  As you can see, my parcel has been delivered (according to the USPS) but CGC website has no record of the package yet.

image.thumb.jpeg.db9bd29a35b939aaf0260647c96a1352.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e216976cc5817daf72628f7eb4e29a6e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b63990e2629f88d98f3375fe70af05c4.jpeg

Sadly, this just feels like CGC's way of displaying faster turnaround times. Wait a week to collect the order from the PO box, then wait another 2 weeks to scan in the package. I would like to see CGC give out more accurate turnaround times. The advertised turnaround time should include the PO wait, and the wait for CGC to "receive" the package. Just my suggestion.