• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 - Price Variant ?

26 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2023 at 5:28 PM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

I didn't see it anywhere in the lists on that site, but do you know of he has newsstands listed. Or a link for newsstands. It's been incredibly difficult trying to find out which newsstands existed and which don't.

No he didn't do the newsstands. 

Have a read of this thread - the final cover date for Marvel newsstands was December 2013 so all Ultimates up to that date should exist as newsstand copies:

I table I put together (and promptly forgot about):

image.png.0b675f4c48ddb00b600ae4800820306a.png

I just found my old book on Heritage :eek:

100.thumb.PNG.94e73642fd275861fc2fba34ea79757f.PNG

On 7/15/2023 at 5:28 PM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

This last weekend at a flea market in nowhere Ontario, Canada I found a newsstand I didn't even know existed until I saw it for my own eyes 

IMG_20230711_113602_267.jpg

I never liked that cover, with the big round head :bigsmile:

Thanks a lot 'Get Marwood & I' for posting the link to http://www.pecokit.com/  As a AMS and Spidey collector, having images of covers of all series is great!  I have some other cover links, but not this comprehensive with images.  This will help me with my variant cover search and excel data sheet I keep of all my covers of AMS I own.  I only collect multiple covers of AMS.  Again, THX 

On 7/17/2023 at 4:06 PM, PCPollock said:

I only collect multiple covers of AMS

With UK Pence, Canadian, Australian, US Price Variants, Mark Jewelers, Newsstands, Directs, Retailer Variants, Pizzazz inserts, printing errors and more, there's enough variations in the first printing run to keep you busy for quite a while PCP! Come back and report your progress every now and then. Lots of Spidey collectors here:

On 7/15/2023 at 8:49 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

That's the 'Checkers' reprint

So if it wasn't "code approved", does that mean there's some juicy bits on the inside?

On 7/17/2023 at 10:38 PM, Yorick said:

So if it wasn't "code approved", does that mean there's some juicy bits on the inside?

There's some juicy fruit on the back cover.

On 7/17/2023 at 2:41 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

There's some juicy fruit on the back cover.

Good point.  No one should refer to it as the "Gameboy" copy then!  :sumo:

The taste is gonna move ya!!