• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Summer Edition (#7) Round 4
10 10

191 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2023 at 6:50 PM, Point Five said:

I'm going to take one for the team, completely cover the Lovelorn #53 in masking tape and resubmit to see what happens. The woman at the table will just have a little non-taped window to peek out of.

Piker!  Go big or go home!  :makepoint:

DuctTape.png.d5612ce8bfa8fd406f1a343c3545bc3e.png

So weird, I just opened up my PM with Mike and hit "reply" and my scores that I entered (but never submitted) popped up and said my reply was "restored". 

Apparently the PMs reply box will "time-out" just like entering a reply to a thread, so if you keep a reply box open too long, it won't submit it even if you hit submit button. It just clears it. Then when you re-open the reply box, it shows the text again. 

Ah well. 

In any case, these are the grades I had entered (but got timed-out) and never submitted. 

Chilling Tales #13   4.0  (thumbsu

Diary Secrets #30   3.5   +3 

Horrific #3   2.5   +1   

Doctor Solar #1   5.0   (thumbsu

Avengers #7   7.5   +1

Dang. :pullhair: This would have been good round for me if I had actually submitted the grades and they didn't get timed-out. :cry:

Lesson learned, don't hold the PM reply box open all the while you're examining and grading each book. It will time-out and not be submitted even if you hit the submit button. 

Edited by jcjames

On 8/6/2023 at 10:12 PM, jcjames said:

So weird, I just opened up my PM with Mike and hit "reply" and my scores that I entered (but never submitted) popped up and said my reply was "restored". 

Apparently the PMs reply box will "time-out" just like entering a reply to a thread, so if you keep a reply box open too long, it won't submit it even if you hit submit button. It just clears it. Then when you re-open the reply box, it shows the text again. 

Ah well. 

In any case, these are the grades I had entered (but got timed-out) and never submitted. 

Chilling Tales #13   4.0  (thumbsu

Diary Secrets #30   3.5   +3 

Horrific #3   2.5   +1   

Doctor Solar #1   5.0   (thumbsu

Avengers #7   7.5   +1

Dang. :pullhair: This would have been good round for me if I had actually submitted the grades and they didn't get timed-out. :cry:

Lesson learned, don't hold the PM reply box open all the while you're examining and grading each book. It will time-out and not be submitted even if you hit the submit button. 

If it happens to dissappear again, try refreshing the page, is what your describing instead of "reopen" and just to be clear. :)

It happens to me too, especially on certain devices, sometimes I can't even react to a post without refreshing...  :sorry:

Two bullseyes though! Awesome! I believe your scores were impressive 

Once more what is weird is that I bombed the last couple of rounds, in which were the only rounds I GOT bullseyes, so idk. :ohnoez:lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/6/2023 at 8:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If it happens to dissappear again, try refreshing the page, is what your describing instead of "reopen" and just to be clear. :)

It happens to me too, especially on certain devices, sometimes I can't even react to a post without HGTV refreshing...  :sorry:

Two bullseyes though! Awesome! Once more what is weird is that I bombed the last couple of rounds, in which we're the only rounds I GOT bullseyes, so idk. :ohnoez:lol

Yeah, when I submitted it, I didn't look to see if my reply showed up in our PM thread, I just hit submit, then closed it. 

Again, lesson learned! 

:wink:

Well, no bullseyes, but pretty consistently within a .5, so not too bad. Won't win any awards, but at least I know my grading isn't too far off base.

Chilling Tales #13 3.5

Diary Secrets #30 4.0

Horrific #3 2.5

Doctor Solar #1 4.5

Avengers #7 6.5

Thanks Mike, always a good time!