• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keep my membership???
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, I wanted to ask for advice on if I should keep my membership or not?? I kind of want to keep using CGC service but debating on if its worth it. I don't submit many books so maybe it is. 

Thanks guys 

On 7/20/2023 at 7:22 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Until CGC gets their stuff back together, I won't be advising people to submit.

Good advice; I believe i may have done my last book with cgc 

On 7/20/2023 at 5:22 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Until CGC gets their stuff back together, I won't be advising people to submit.

I re-upped my membership in order to get the credit (it works out the same, except you save $20 or so) because I had a stack of books I wanted to submit. There's wasn't any QC issues, but hoooo-boy did I get pounded on grades. I received 8.0s that look better than my existing 9.2 slabs (no problems on the inside of the books) and I hit a 9.4 on a book that should have been an 8.5. I know that's a common lament, but I'm definitely holding back a little bit on future subs until the discussion turns back to a positive one regarding grading consistency.

On 7/20/2023 at 11:09 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Good advice; I believe i may have done my last book with cgc 

:hi:haven't seen you post in a while.

If "renewing" specifically, yes to save $20, then also yes because if it is the premium membership you'd get the credit to use in a years time. I would, because of emergency grading. Within a year time from bin diving I at least find one or two that I want to send. That said, I mostly buy slabs, but then I'd want the cushion to buy raws with the credit!

I AM mostly a slab collector (don't often sell them) so bear that in mind. If you're comfortable with raws and waiting then do that, but it really is your mode of collecting that "I think" would determine.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/20/2023 at 12:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:hi:haven't seen you post in a while.

If "renewing" specifically, yes to save $20, then also yes because if it is the premium membership you'd get the credit to use in a years time. I would, because of emergency grading. Within a year time from bin diving I at least find one or two that I want to send. That said, I mostly buy slabs, but then I'd want the cushion to buy raws with the credit!

I AM mostly a slab collector (don't often sell them) so bear that in mind. If you're comfortable with raws and waiting then do that, but it really is your mode of collecting that "I think" would determine.

I want to keep it for the membership but I'm debating on if it's worth it or not? I have a few more months to decide so there's that. The membership credits saved me a ton so that's a plus; maybe only one or two books a year. I don't think thats too bad. 

do not renew...wait until you have books to send in and then get the membership

unless you submit many books OR submit very regularly skipping a few months each year will save you $ quickly

save the books up, submit in a burst and then let membership lapse until needed