• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite VHS cover/holder
1 1

14 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2023 at 7:19 PM, CAHokie said:

I still have the first VHS I ever bought. 

IMG_0003.thumb.jpeg.5ad9fdaf6524d7b3f1ff2d9910ad7002.jpeg

That will always be a top design.  It's clean and iconic.  I'm also a big fan of them not slapping quotes from critics on it or needing to name drop some of the cast.  The the bat logo is all you need.

For me, it's gonna be a little tough for a cover that is specifically comic-related.  I feel like movies of the VHS era were usually more misses when they were trying out a comic IP (maybe not as bad as video game-based adaptations, but still not the best).

With that said, I guess my favorite one that is specifically comic-related is Heavy Metal:

HeavyMetalCover.thumb.jpg.5aee2d4255840065a464a09871f06a9f.jpg

Though, not much beats hand drawn/painted cover art like Tom Jung's Star Wars cover.  I would take that over anything else any day!

On 7/20/2023 at 12:40 PM, 1337pino said:

it's gonna be a little tough for a cover that is specifically comic-related

Good point, I am going to change to any cover!

On 7/27/2023 at 6:29 PM, Shazbot said:

Great cover. The holograms were stylish at the time, as they we’re with comics, better that they left this one as an un-affixed card, it’s better without it.

IMG_3183.jpeg

I had the British version of that video with the hologram! Such a good film that, back in the day. Even now, despite seeing it about eighty five times, I get excited when the craft opens for the first time, the welcome mob are bathed in light, and......