• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mechanical Error Form
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Had a Silver Surfer #1 that had a small piece of plastic fall off inside the holder somehow and wedge itself between the comic and plastic. It was a eye sore so I sent it off to have the reholder service. Charged me $110 and I received it 5 weeks later. Low and behold there's a "1.5 scratch to the very front of the holder plus little scuffs to the outside or inside of the holder I cant tell. Like 10 of them to the front and the back. To see them you have to hold it at a angle. Tried to find the mechanical submission form on this site but can't locate it anywhere. Doesn't look as bad as when it had a piece of plastic wedged inside but still I immediately thought how could this pass inspection? Clearly no one looked at it or if they did didn't care. 

Using search function to try and find the M/E form I came across many recent threads of instances such as this. Some much worse. I'm not a big collector I just have a few and this was my first time dealing with CGC but it seems CGC has a problem. Part of me is now saying don't send it back, it may come back worse, don't fool with them anymore.

• Administrator

Hello @tigerwitha88

Thank you for reaching out. I apologize for this issue. When you access the online submission form choose "Comics," "Regular Grading Submission," and "Mail-in or Show Drop-off," then you will see the Mechanical Error option at the bottom of the page. See screenshot below.

image.png

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 7/23/2023 at 10:09 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @tigerwitha88

Thank you for reaching out. I apologize for this issue. When you access the online submission form choose "Comics," "Regular Grading Submission," and "Mail-in or Show Drop-off," then you will see the Mechanical Error option at the bottom of the page. See screenshot below.

image.png

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

When I try this it says its been over 14 days since the comic was submitted. I just got the comic back Friday.

• Administrator

Hello!

For this order, please use your reholder submission number as the first 7 digits of the certification number followed by the line item number to return this for reholdering through the ME process (AKA Use the certification number 4276884001). Let us know if you have any other questions!