• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wtf, what is Static?
1 1

40 posts in this topic

Wow what is it!? I never heard about before. Just was looking on mycomicshop somes series from the 90s and discover it. Why the value of these books are so crazy!? What happened to create a so great hype?

Are someone get the full run here?

Edited by BA773

On 7/22/2023 at 5:28 PM, BA773 said:

Wow what is it!? I never heard about before. Just was looking on mycomicshop somes series from the 90s and discover it. Why the value of these books are so crazy!? What happened to create a so great hype?

Are someone get the full run here?

You know the rule. Pics!! 

Do you mean this? The first issue doesn’t even seem appealing.

IMG_0026.thumb.jpeg.ece3edc4725a7aafd334bcaec2186f77.jpeg

I literally speak about the whole run lol there are a lot of book selled for 25$ or more, first and last issue have a crazy value. The average price on ebay is like 1000$ for the full series!!! 

I dont understand this guy look like a freaking random... sorry if someone love him but really... 

Maybe if someone love them he can share with us why we have to give interest to this charachter? No idea of what he can do, what is his rogues gallery...?

Edited by BA773

I vaguely remember as a kid Static being around the time of the death of Superman, which was a time of newer publishers, and those characters tried to be as unique as possible; although, some were weaker ideas than others.

From memory but was I think also about 30 years ago for me

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/22/2023 at 5:29 PM, ExNihilo said:

Static had his own animated series from 2000-2004, Static Shock.  The character has had a small cult following since then which is probably why the book sells for more than cover.

Lol I totally forgot about that, came on for me near batman beyond time, if memory serves!  :x

On 7/22/2023 at 5:58 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I found the Milestone Comics from that period to be very good reads.

Also contains early work from one of my favourite underrated artists, John Paul Leon.

That's my recollection too as a kid, but riveled the Darkhawks of the world, a little bit more substance.

When it spiked in "value", as it was always a pretty good read, I thought that too many would be found in nm shape. Not a bad comic if you owned one, jury still being out on the census I guess. :)

On 7/22/2023 at 10:43 PM, BA773 said:

first and last issue have a crazy value

Quite common to discover that last issues go for a premium - the low print run effect, for example.

@BA773

I still admire your pluck to go after listings of the whole run! That's probably a good economic way for you long distance. That said, Static seems like an affordable one, but I wonder if you would be interested if not already having media attention. Sometimes low hanging fruit is what it is, although I do believe that you'd enjoy reading Static!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/22/2023 at 6:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought it was @greggy but i dno longer see them, sorry  :sorry:

Actually I misspoke, I could have sworn there were at least two recent slabs of it, but I checked recently in back from CGC in comics general, and tried recents in modern and nothing, guess I could try copper for some feedback :)

Edit :pullhair:

Nope nope and nope! It must have been older movie news, but should hit the nostalgia button for many ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/23/2023 at 1:11 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@BA773

I still admire your pluck to go after listings of the whole run! That's probably a good economic way for you long distance. That said, Static seems like an affordable one, but I wonder if you would be interested if not already having media attention. Sometimes low hanging fruit is what it is, although I do believe that you'd enjoy reading Static!

Honnestly i have too much goals to complete actually to put money on this and more of that this charachter is to unknown for me to show interest for him...  i was just interrogates after seeing the value of it.

Edited by BA773