• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MARVEL FAN CLUBS MERRY MARVEL MARCHING SOCIETY MARVELMANIA FOOM
4 4

24 posts in this topic

I look forward to seeing the evolution from MMMS to Marvelmania to FOOM.

My topic relating to MMMS is focused on those lists of MMMS members that were published in the late silver age.  But eventually the posts took a turn to showcase MMMS memorabilia in general.  I'm glad you have started a thread dealing specifically with that!

On 8/21/2023 at 2:25 AM, ivrimark said:

I look forward to seeing the evolution from MMMS to Marvelmania to FOOM.

My topic relating to MMMS is focused on those lists of MMMS members that were published in the late silver age.  But eventually the posts took a turn to showcase MMMS memorabilia in general.  I'm glad you have started a thread dealing specifically with that!

We are trying to arrange a date in next couple of weeks to film Marvelmania so hopefully will be out in September, I'll link it here when available.

When I started trying to get the fan club kits there was very little reliable information for me to determine what exactly each kit comprised of, being in UK doesn't help as these kits are rare to virtually non-existent here. My intention with these videos is a reference source for collectors trying to compile kits like I was, we may do one on MMMS/Marvelmania/FOOM memorabilia but that isn't really my purpose for the videos.

On 8/21/2023 at 4:27 AM, Aman619 said:

Marvel also had another Fan group membership thing in the 90s:  WAM!  Wild Agents of Marvel (I think thats what it stood for)

That's right, Wild Agents of Marvel short lived fan club in 91/92. It gets a brief mention and sight of the membership card at the start of my MMMS video. Our intention is to film a Marvelmania kit video and then do one on FOOM and WAM together.

On 10/19/2023 at 12:18 PM, Garystar said:

A bit later than I had anticipated but finally got around to filming Marvelmania fan club kit (and a few extras) on my mate's YouTube channel. Hope someone sometime finds it of use. 

That kept me busy for an hour yesterday - cheers Gary. I didn't know most of that, especially the shenanigans stuff!

On 10/20/2023 at 11:57 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

That kept me busy for an hour yesterday - cheers Gary. I didn't know most of that, especially the shenanigans stuff!

Cheers, hope you enjoyed it. My intention with the video is as an aid for collectors wanting to put a kit together now or in future. I didn’t really want to get into the story of Marvelmania too much but it’s hard not to go into it to some extent and the “shenanigans” do explain a few things like why there are two #4s. 

Hope to get FOOM/WAM video out before end of year. 

On 10/20/2023 at 1:42 PM, Garystar said:

Cheers, hope you enjoyed it.

I did Gary. Even if you're not intending to collect, it's a great trip down memory lane for the collector of a certain age. Looking forward to the next one :)

On 10/20/2023 at 1:49 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I did Gary. Even if you're not intending to collect, it's a great trip down memory lane for the collector of a certain age. Looking forward to the next one :)

Great. I started collecting in 1973 but such was distribution in my area I was as likely to pick up issues from 1969/70. I used to covet all the Marvelmania memorabilia being offered for sale, sadly it was another 25 years before I started getting any of it. Revisiting those ads still takes me back to my childhood days. 

On 10/20/2023 at 2:04 PM, Garystar said:

Great. I started collecting in 1973 but such was distribution in my area I was as likely to pick up issues from 1969/70. I used to covet all the Marvelmania memorabilia being offered for sale, sadly it was another 25 years before I started getting any of it. Revisiting those ads still takes me back to my childhood days. 

Happy days, weren't they. My brother had more of that stuff than me, being that bit older. For some reason, it all seemed a bit out of reach to me, the fan stuff in the ads. Not sure why. Maybe because we didn't have a the proverbial pot, who knows. 

On 8/21/2023 at 2:22 AM, Garystar said:

That's right, Wild Agents of Marvel short lived fan club in 91/92. It gets a brief mention and sight of the membership card at the start of my MMMS video. Our intention is to film a Marvelmania kit video and then do one on FOOM and WAM together.

Do you have the WAM retail kit?

Anyone that's really into this kind of stuff should look for these 2 books focusing on Silver Age and Early Bronze Age Marvel Collectibles. I looked for years for reference books that contained all the Marvel stuff put out in the 1960s and 1970s and these are the best source I have found.

image.thumb.jpeg.58cfb37a63b634acdc5874b936cf7064.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b3cb2b5dc80e20fdf684d81598d04b33.jpeg

On 10/21/2023 at 7:32 PM, boomtown said:

Anyone that's really into this kind of stuff should look for these 2 books focusing on Silver Age and Early Bronze Age Marvel Collectibles. I looked for years for reference books that contained all the Marvel stuff put out in the 1960s and 1970s and these are the best source I have found.

image.thumb.jpeg.58cfb37a63b634acdc5874b936cf7064.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b3cb2b5dc80e20fdf684d81598d04b33.jpeg

I 100% agree, essential for any Marvel memorabilia collector. I have mentioned these a few times in my posts. I have bought a few things direct from the author including the Marvelmania mailing tube in the video. 

On 1/11/2024 at 6:30 AM, Subby1938 said:

I found this thread by chance . Some great videos there . Any information about this decal sheet in particular I pictured below it seems impossible to find compared to others I’ve seen . 

IMG_7733.jpeg

Marvelmania produced 4 decal sheets of which this is one. This one is different from the others in that it shows only heads of the characters, it is scarcer than the others as you have observed.