• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marjane Satrapi - Persepolis

7 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

I don't know if many of you are familiar with this masterpiece, but I am more than happy to add such a signifcant page to my collection.

Persepolis page 68

If you feel like reading all my usual long comment, I sincerely hope it will make you consider buying the book.

Cheers,

Luca

Congrats on the win, and for having the patience to go through all the tribulations to get the artwork home! Excellent write-up, it's always fun to read about longtime quests people have in picking up their favorite pieces!

On 7/27/2023 at 12:56 PM, pestonaccio said:

Hello folks,

I don't know if many of you are familiar with this masterpiece, but I am more than happy to add such a signifcant page to my collection.

Persepolis page 68

If you feel like reading all my usual long comment, I sincerely hope it will make you consider buying the book.

Cheers,

Luca

What a wonderful page. For anyone with an Iranian friend in their 50s or 60s who was forced to leave after the revolution in 79, this graphic novel is a must-read to gain even the smallest understanding of how badly their world was torn apart. Persepolis is a devastating tale of the betrayal of a smart and talented people, and 40+ years has not dimmed the hurt and pain behind it.

On 7/27/2023 at 8:10 PM, KirbyCollector said:

What a wonderful page. For anyone with an Iranian friend in their 50s or 60s who was forced to leave after the revolution in 79, this graphic novel is a must-read to gain even the smallest understanding of how badly their world was torn apart. Persepolis is a devastating tale of the betrayal of a smart and talented people, and 40+ years has not dimmed the hurt and pain behind it.

That is exactly what this GN is about, but it’s told through the eyes of a young girl who doesn’t understand what is happening around her. And why it is happening. It is something absolutely stunning. A real masterpiece.

On 7/27/2023 at 12:56 PM, pestonaccio said:

Hello folks,

Persepolis page 68

Cheers,

Luca

Really nice, memorable page from the story - congratulations!