• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLINK glitch

56 posts in this topic

Got a solicitation from CL this past week promoting big cash advances in exchange for art which could be placed in this month's auction... perhaps that money would be better spent on professional IT help. The "comics show on a shoestring in a basement" mindset from 40 years ago isn't just limited to Douglas, though -- as every painful visit to the microscopic CAF site on my phone reminds me.

boom goes the website. they will fix and it will happen again and then it will fail again. there will be a half hearted apology and a shrug of shoulders.  

i dont know what doug is saying lately, but i used to have conversations about the website years ago, and back then he just would roll his eyes and say i know, but there was no appetite to change and it wasnt his decision. i havent asked about it in years, cause i did once and why would i again.  

On 8/3/2023 at 1:56 PM, MAR1979 said:

I advise all to monitor whatever credit card they have on file with CLink very carefully! Not just for the next week or 2 but for the next 90-120 days!

I just checked that...luckily I have always paid with check, so didn't have but one cc on file that expired like 10 years ago...so whew to that

On 8/3/2023 at 7:53 PM, G.A.tor said:

I just checked that...luckily I have always paid with check, so didn't have but one cc on file that expired like 10 years ago...so whew to that

Whew! Luckily I'm in the same boat. But everyone should check.