• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poster grading question
3 3

13 posts in this topic

I wasn't sure where to put this - I know CGC does some limited concert poster grading/encapsulation, but I was wondering if there's a service out there (CGC or otherwise) that grades/encapsulates other posters and prints? I have a number of Shepard Fairey art prints, and I was curious about encapsulation vs just getting them conservation framed...

On 8/4/2023 at 3:17 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 8/4/2023 at 3:00 PM, Randall Dowling said:

This looks like an "Ask CGC" question.  @CGC Mike Can you help and relocate this thread to help out the OP?

A+

I'd heard you were going through a loose grading period. 

On 8/4/2023 at 4:26 PM, Transplant said:

I'd heard you were going through a loose grading period. 

C-

On 8/4/2023 at 6:03 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Actual footage of Bedrock grading posters:
bedrock.gif.41a4d7ac16e52347590dc184a081a1e0.gif

Extra credit for this post!

• Administrator

Hello @Jesse-Lee

At this time CGC only accepts concert posters from some of the most highly coveted vintage poster series: Bill Graham, Bill Graham Presents, Family Dog, Grande Ballroom, Neon Rose, Art of Rock, New Fillmore Series, and Moonalice. If your poster does not fall into these categories we would not be able to grade it. In some cases though, we can encapsulate prints/posters that have been signed and witnessed through our Signature Series service but this does not include grading. Even still, the posters would need to fall within out poster size dimentions still of 22.5" wide x 29.5" high. I hope this helps!

On 8/7/2023 at 7:17 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @Jesse-Lee

At this time CGC only accepts concert posters from some of the most highly coveted vintage poster series: Bill Graham, Bill Graham Presents, Family Dog, Grande Ballroom, Neon Rose, Art of Rock, New Fillmore Series, and Moonalice. If your poster does not fall into these categories we would not be able to grade it. In some cases though, we can encapsulate prints/posters that have been signed and witnessed through our Signature Series service but this does not include grading. Even still, the posters would need to fall within out poster size dimentions still of 22.5" wide x 29.5" high. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the follow up and explanation, I appreciate it!