• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHICAGO COMIC EXPO NEXT WEEKEND.
5 5

17 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2023 at 9:56 AM, DR.X said:

And if I see Greggy running loose, there might be a showdown. I hope to stop by and see Dale, Storms, Bedrock, Reece, and anyone else I can irritate. LOL.

:banana:

Greggy, the living legend, even had his own ad in 70's DC love comics with UPC distribution in Canada:

image.thumb.jpeg.323a6f765edd8cc839fa432ec352659b.jpeg

On 8/8/2023 at 9:39 PM, captainzombie said:

Are there a lot of comic book vendors at the Expo? I always go to C2E2, but have never been to Fan Expo.

I would say perhaps a little more overall at Fan Expo (based on last year)?

Some only do C2E2, others only do Fan Expo, then some overlap.

On 8/8/2023 at 10:39 PM, captainzombie said:

Are there a lot of comic book vendors at the Expo? I always go to C2E2, but have never been to Fan Expo.

I've been to both-- I think there are more vintage vendors at FanExpo, but I don't care about crafty art, modern comics, pops all that kind of stuff.  I find more of that at C2E2 which is also at a worse time of year and IMO.  FanExpo is actually in Rosemont, it's like eight minutes from O'Hare and much more family friendly than Chicago proper can be.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:57 AM, AndyFish said:

I've been to both-- I think there are more vintage vendors at FanExpo, but I don't care about crafty art, modern comics, pops all that kind of stuff.  I find more of that at C2E2 which is also at a worse time of year and IMO.  FanExpo is actually in Rosemont, it's like eight minutes from O'Hare and much more family friendly than Chicago proper can be.

hm

On 8/9/2023 at 11:31 AM, manetteska said:

I would say perhaps a little more overall at Fan Expo (based on last year)?

Some only do C2E2, others only do Fan Expo, then some overlap.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:46 AM, TheWatcher said:

On 8/9/2023 at 11:57 AM, AndyFish said:

On 8/9/2023 at 1:30 PM, manetteska said:

hm

Thank you guys! I'll probably go with my sons on Friday as I just watched some videos from last years show and it appears like there are quite a bit of comic book vendors and my sons do like POP figures.

Went to Fan Expo today. There was quite a bit of comic book vendors, and I felt like there was more than C2E2 in some respect.

I picked up some decent books, but my favorite was getting one of my mini modern grails in The Walking Dead #19 in a 9.8. I made a trade with some cash to get this. I do have a nice chunk of this run, but really need to get #1-5 as I do have 6-10 in 9.8's and all of the keys after that in 9.8's.

On 8/14/2023 at 3:15 PM, mattn792 said:

I’m hoping to go next year, the timing for the last two years hasn’t worked out.  Sounds like things have changed quite for the better since the dark days of Wizard’s ownership.

big time