• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first Allentown . And it’s a Key !
1 1

37 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2023 at 9:15 AM, action1kid said:

IMG_7422.png

Was it mailed, or did you pick it up in person?

On 8/7/2023 at 7:40 PM, action1kid said:

If you trade me for your Silver streak 6 I’ll throw in that information for free!

I will gladly trade my Silver Streak 6 for 10,000 crisp, new $100 bills.

On 8/7/2023 at 9:12 PM, MrBedrock said:

I will gladly trade my Silver Streak 6 for 10,000 crisp, new $100 bills.

A balm to heal the festering wound.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/524617-post-your-last-boards-ga-pickup/?do=findComment&comment=12886012

On 8/8/2023 at 12:24 PM, adamstrange said:

(thumbsu

On 8/9/2023 at 9:57 PM, MrBedrock said:

I think you are getting the hang of it, but try a couple of more just to be sure.

Could you also make the scan bigger?  I'm not sure I'm catching every subtle nuance of that corner.

On 8/9/2023 at 9:01 AM, tth2 said:

Could you also make the scan bigger?  I'm not sure I'm catching every subtle nuance of that corner.

+1

On 8/6/2023 at 9:22 PM, lou_fine said:

Yep, especially since it was graded as a NM+ copy back in '87 and the large 4" spine split at the bottom would certainly have been caught by Payette during grading.  (thumbsu

Reminds me of a fellow boardie who sadly no longer posts here anymore, but had told me that he split the spine of his HG Mystery Men 1 when inserting it back into the mylar holder.  :fear:  :cry:

Any rube who doesn’t know how to or take the time to be able to insert a book into a Mylar, shouldn’t own it.

I guess that is part of the reason slabs were invented…

On 8/6/2023 at 10:42 PM, action1kid said:

Possibly the scenario you mention is what happened to the Allentown Wonder 1 with a 4” spine split on the front cover. I can see that happening putting it back in the Mylar.

It had about a 2" split when I owned it in the mid 90s, so definitely grew some before it finally got put in a holder.