• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dealers Aren’t Your Friends…!
9 9

256 posts in this topic

So where he and myself live in WV, we are in a pretty low populated state, 1.76 million this year, down from last year.

because of that, places to buy comics here are somewhat sparse. There are local shows and 1 bigger con each year. The thing is the local dealers that set up at the small shows are aware of him and what I understand avoid him.

I would think if you are angering the local spots, shows and cons, your pool of potential sellers is small and shrinking, just like our population.

Edited by oldbsturgeon

I really don’t watch many videos from people like this. I really limit my social media as well other than here.

This guy really isn’t to bright and isn’t doing himself any favors.

I keep my opinions to myself and unless a dealer is an outright crook and one others have been ripped off by, just stay away from bad mouthing others.

I am a believer in keeping my friends close and my enemies closer. You never know when you might benefit from it…

On 8/30/2023 at 11:05 AM, KCOComics said:

I've honestly never had a poor relationship with a dealer or shop owner. If this guy has this many bad relationships, it's time to look in the mirror.  And in fairness to him, I haven't watched his video and I'm only reacting to what's been written here. I know this is click bait and I don't want to give him that. 

Everyone should understand Dealers need to make money. This is their livelihood.  If a book is priced higher than I'm comfortable with, I don't buy it... or I'll throw out a reasonable offer. But if we don't land a deal, we both respectfully move on.  I've never had a seller not want to work with me because of a prior deal not going through. That seems ludicrous. 

I will also add, dealers have helped me get big books I couldn't otherwise obtain.  Either through trades or time payments and just being flexible. 

I'm under no illusion that this makes us best buds, but I really appreciated the flexibility.  And I recommend those dealers over and over because of that flexibility. 

Time payments likewise allowed me to purchase many CGC graded comic books. I especially laud Bob, HGC, Roy, VC, and the folks he worked with, and GRRC, now RRC, for such opportunities.

On 8/30/2023 at 3:38 PM, revat said:

The priority for people like this is to get traffic on his videos and attention.  And now he's a got a bunch of folks who would never watch his videos otherwise to watch and discuss, even if negatively. 

Yep, in social media the viewers are still playing checkers while the content makers have discovered 3D chess.  

On 8/21/2023 at 6:46 PM, blazingbob said:

"Dealers just want your money. Period"

Listen,  everybody in the room, the dealers,  the promoter running it and the concession stands selling food at a show want your money.

The only reason I'm there is to make a living,  I'm not paying to setup and chit chat all day.  

What I'm not there to do is lie to get your money or bury you so deep you never buy from me again.

But rest assured I am there to make sales.  

Bob Storms' only friend is a buck. The more bucks he has, the more friends he has.  Just give him your money and keep your mouth shut, he certainly does not care about being liked especially by you! 

“Your only friend is a buck and the more bucks you got the more friends you got.”
Edited by MAR1979

On 8/29/2023 at 5:11 PM, skypinkblu said:

Are you sure that bras are "shes"?

The Bro, also called the Manssiere, is a bra designed for men to help support their upper bodies. It is connected in the back by velco and made the wearer feel lose and free to move. It was created by Cosmo Kramer, but the idea was originally conceived by Frank Costanza.

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/29/2023 at 9:06 PM, Robot Man said:

I really don’t watch many videos from people like this. I really limit my social media as well other than here.

This guy really isn’t to bright and isn’t doing himself any favors. it…

He is just trolling for more views so he can make more money from youtube. 

On 8/30/2023 at 11:05 AM, KCOComics said:

I've honestly never had a poor relationship with a dealer or shop owner. If this guy has this many bad relationships, it's time to look in the mirror. 

If you see an Ahole in the morning, ok, you saw an Ahole.

If you see Aholes all day long, chances are you're the Ahole.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:54 AM, joeypost said:

I haven't figured out how to mess with Harley, the Reece boys, Ted, John H, Jeff, and everyone else. Please post suggestions here.

Kick 'em in the shins and run.  Those that chase you aren't your friends.

On 8/31/2023 at 4:50 PM, Gaard said:

If you see an Ahole in the morning, ok, you saw an Ahole.

If you see Aholes all day long, chances are you're the Ahole.

Chances are probably high you're an ahole, surrounded by aholes 

There are definitely more a holes than not, doesn't take much for a realist to know that