• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yikes--Number two

128 posts in this topic

2 months early... good luck and best wishes. I hope mother and son will be okay.

Being the father of twins that were only 4 weeks early (which would be about the same since normal twin gestation is 36 weeks as opposed to 40), I hope all goes well and that you won't have that enjoyable first 10 days of camping out in the NICU with about 1 hour (at best) of sleep a night. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks technically starts in a couple of hours but what the heck. Sterling, if the kid is born tomorrow you have to name it after me. grin.gif

congrats Sterling!!! and Happy b-day CW 893applaud-thumb.gif If Sterling has to name his kid after you, does CW work for a boy or a girl? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

congrats Sterling!!! and Happy b-day CW If Sterling has to name his kid after you, does CW work for a boy or a girl?

He can name the kid Chris. I'm a dude but I suppose he could use some feminine form of the name for a girl. Or he could just call it CW 27_laughing.gif

Quick update: The doc went after the baby and at 11:50am this morning Dalton Jacob Smith arrived in the world! The baby weighed only 2lb and 14oz...(sounds familiar to the weight of two CGC books being shipped) foreheadslap.gif The baby will remain in intensive care until near the original due date of 11/18. A much different story than last time, when we took Parker home in 3-4 days.

Mom is resting so I am helping at home at the fort with the two others (I neglected to say that I also inherited a son in this marriage so I actually now have 3 nikos!) Grandma and Grandpa are on their way.

This represents a great crossroads for me. I spend too much money on this hobby, and my travel prevents me from being the best dad I can be. I have a feeling these will be adjusted moving in 2006.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Hope to talk to you soon. Next time hopefully with pics.

The baby will remain in intensive care until near the original due date of 11/18.

From my own experience, the NICU nurses were some of the best we've ever encountered about keeping us informed on everything and welcoming us in at any time of the day or night.

And thank goodness for grandparents that can help out! thumbsup2.gif

This represents a great crossroads for me. I spend too much money on this hobby, and my travel prevents me from being the best dad I can be. I have a feeling these will be adjusted moving in 2006.

893applaud-thumb.gif 2006 Sterling Horror slab fire sale! yay.gif

Kudos on wanting to be a better dad. More often, we see a case of neglectful parenting and we end up with greggys in this world... so sad...

A good day to be born sterling, but you didn't name him after me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Seriously, I hope baby and mother are doing fine and that you and your family have a happy holiday with the new addition.