• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yikes--Number two

128 posts in this topic

as promised...a pic of Dalton in NICU. His feeding is increasing and everything is looking great so far. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

1020021-djs.JPG

Yep... the feeding is the tricky part. We were so exhausted after 7 near-sleepless nights that we'd have loved to let the girls sleep. But, we woke them every two hours for a couple of weeks to make sure they ate and put on weight.

Update: Baby is now 3lbs and growing...feeding more often with more amounts...baby is very active and looks at me and squeezes my hand. Mom and Dad are very happy. All vader equipment removed except for basic monitoring and there's a tube to facilitate feeding (seen in pic through nose).

1026912-daddyanddalton.jpg

1026912-daddyanddalton.jpg.520c1f735aa0512d5658d1bbbef47be4.jpg

Update: Baby is now 3lbs and growing...feeding more often with more amounts...baby is very active and looks at me and squeezes my hand. Mom and Dad are very happy. All vader equipment removed except for basic monitoring and there's a tube to facilitate feeding (seen in pic through nose).

1026912-daddyanddalton.jpg

You look tired. Better get some sleep now while you still can! devil.gif

I'm always tired-but that's my lazy eye giving the illusion. I can't go to sleep until 3am usually. My nocturnal behavior will help mom when I'm home thumbsup2.gif

BTW--ALL PACKAGES HAVE BEEN SHIPPED. IF IT DOESN'T GET THERE ZIPPITY QUICK BLAME THE SHIPPER tongue.gif

I'm always tired-but that's my lazy eye giving the illusion. I can't go to sleep until 3am usually. My nocturnal behavior will help mom when I'm home thumbsup2.gif

BTW--ALL PACKAGES HAVE BEEN SHIPPED. IF IT DOESN'T GET THERE ZIPPITY QUICK BLAME THE SHIPPER tongue.gif

Was that a hospital laptop behind you or rather you so you could post in forums while mommy was sleeping?

Great news, Sterling! Hope you get the little guy home soon! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Was that a hospital laptop behind you or rather you so you could post in forums while mommy was sleeping?

That was the hospital laptop in the NICU. We brought our cameras and digital camcorders with us today since we've basically saved the baby from the side circus of photo shooting, etc.

I wonder what the hospital bill will be for this? 893whatthe.gif

That was the hospital laptop in the NICU. We brought our cameras and digital camcorders with us today since we've basically saved the baby from the side circus of photo shooting, etc.

I wonder what the hospital bill will be for this? 893whatthe.gif

A bundle. But it's worth it...glad that the lad's going to be fine!!!! thumbsup2.gif

One last update:

The hospital, which originally indicated that Dalton would be in the hospital until 1/18/06, released him TODAY! (well actually 12/22). Rebecca has been tirelessly getting the home ready as we didn't even know this until this Tuesday. The doctors and staff were simply amazed at how quickly he achieved every milestone in record time.

Baby and mom are home....I will join them tomorrow evening, as that is when I fly home. Grandma and Grandpa will be there early next week. What a great Christmas present!!

One concern we had was how Parker, our three year-old, would take to this new and different situation. As usual, he amazed everyone. He was helping mom and seemed very proud of his new brother. I guess I better enjoy it while it still lasts....