• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I found a comic Batman 181 .. first poison ivy occurrence.. Its in good condition
1 1

10 posts in this topic

If you post pictures in the "Spare a Grade" forum on this site, people can give you a grade estimate. 

From there you can you look at ebay sold prices for value. 

High level - 

The good news is, you've got the Pinup Poster. That's often missing from this book and something collectors look for. 

Bad news- its a lower grade copy. Likely in the "Good" (G) range 2.0 /2.5.  That spine is really what holds it back. 

The book is also miscut or trimmed on the right edge throughout the entire book.

A miscut on a lower grade book will likely be over looked. If the entire book is trimmed (meaning someone cut off the edge), that will really hurt the value. 

You can see that edge is missing.  And that edge looks fairly clean compared to the rest of the book, which has me a little concerned. It also runs through out the entire book. 

Given recent sales and some downward trends, i think it's valued around $325 - $375 if it were graded and the book is miscut. 

If that book is trimmed throughout the entire book, probably $75 - $100. 

These are just my opinion. Post pictures in the spare a grade area and you'll get better help from a good group of graders. 

I’ll make this reply short and direct. Your book is in lousy terrible low grade condition. Lucky for you, it’s a highly coveted much sought after book even in lousy terrible low grade condition. In that state, you would expect to get about $350 American dollar or $35,000 rupee. 

According to Ebay sold auctions, these are the prices being seen for low grade copies.

A "Remainder Copy" missing the poster sold for $32.77, a CGC PR 0.5 (centerfold missing) sold for $126.50, a copy that is missing the back cover although otherwise complete (looks to be in the GD/VG 3.0 - VG 4.0 range) sold for $152.50, a complete CGC GD- 1.8 sold for $197.50.

Looking at the OP's book and condition (FR 1.0 - FR/GD 1.5) he can probably assume the FMV is between $100.00 - $150.00 depending on demand/interest at the time.

I picked up a nice Batman B&W when I was in Amritsar a while back. Managed to keep it flat in my case and it's still in nice shape now. I didn't see many comics though, when I was in India and only one skateboard, although the Jantar Mantar in Delhi looked like a futuristic skatepark on a giant scale. I'm sure I would have been arrested for trying to skate it too.

Edited by LowGradeBronze

very generally, if you have a collectible you are interested in finding the value for, you can look at ebay sold listings to get an idea.  Try to look at pictures and see if you can find one that matches your condition.

It should also be noted that your geography might impact your potential pricing.  For example, a buyer in America might pay you less than market due to the risks/difficulties/costs of buying internationally, when most comics are relatively available in the USA.  Or possibly a buyer in India might pay you a premium because of how difficult it is to find the comic in India, and they can save on shipping/customs/fees/time/risk, etc.   Depends on the book, the selling venue, the condition, luck, any number of other variables.  Good luck.