• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Lady #17 on feeBay
4 4

33 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2023 at 2:22 PM, LadyDeath said:

Isn't it up for debate if Baker even drew this cover?

Ah yes my favorite topic! I don't think there is any possibility Baker drew this. Hair, eyes, hands, chest, and wooden pose all do not look like Baker's work. The heavy shadows and wrinkles on the shirt look like classic Al Feldstein. (Although in the The Art of Glamour there is an interview with Al Feldstein and he only recalls doing minor inks and backgrounds on Phantom Lady, not the covers) I'm not sure where the Baker attribution came from. I think there was some signed Baker interior Phantom Lady art and folks then just assumed he might've drawn the covers as well.

This classic debate pops up from time to time in the Baker thread here. (I copied over some of my comments from there).

Edited by 10centcomics
Correcting link

On 8/23/2023 at 12:09 PM, comicnoir said:

Nah, not legit at all. If you put the address in maps on their main website, it takes you to a fast food restaurant 🤣

On 9/13/2023 at 9:47 PM, BriD. said:

clueless clowns. imagine if they put this much effort into finding a real job

Another. CSS 22

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186084936159?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=f9a0ktgpt7g&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=qMrHzD8lS8a&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Also, I happened to click the link to the Phantom Lady that started this thread and this is what comes up now. Seems like it must have been a canceled sale or finally removed as fraudulent. I was wondering if GPA picks up these sales. They seem to end pretty low if they get that far. 

Screenshot_20230918-120112.png

On 9/18/2023 at 10:07 AM, BriD. said:

Another. CSS 22

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186084936159?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=f9a0ktgpt7g&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=qMrHzD8lS8a&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Also, I happened to click the link to the Phantom Lady that started this thread and this is what comes up now. Seems like it must have been a canceled sale or finally removed as fraudulent. I was wondering if GPA picks up these sales. They seem to end pretty low if they get that far. 

Screenshot_20230918-120112.png

Fraudulent listing. Beware!

Wow these a-hole scammers are dedicated I’ll give them that. Same guys, back at it again using photos from a Heritage auction. Except this time, they slightly changed their eBay name and where you can buy the book off eBay, at “TS Collectibles”.

However they’re soo incompetent, they left their old name, “M&L Collectibles” on the bottom of the description 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣.

And something else I noticed, if you move the “r” in their new eBay name to right after the “f” it’s the word fraud. They literally aren’t even hiding that they are a big fraud haha.

IMG_0960.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

IMG_0961.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1