• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a 9.8 regraded/pressed
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi! So I have a 9.8 comic book that I will be sending into celebrity Authentics to be signed by Michael Keaton. They are offering a send with cgc to seal grade books. I am assuming they will accept the sealed book, reopen and reseal/grade it. I’m just wondering if it’s worth the small risk of it getting a grade dip or if it would be worth getting it pressed? Will pressing cause damage to the signature? Or am I better off sending in a non sealed book?

I've gotten dozens of signed books pressed, sometimes multiple times, and never had a signature damaged by pressing. I have had a lot of books that were already graded get cracked - what you are calling unsealed - and come back a grade sometimes two lower. This has happened to books I've had pressed and not pressed. 

I would just say how important is it to you that your book is graded 9.8? Will you be absolutely devastated to where you avoid walking across bridges lest you feel the urge to jump off because your book came back a 9.6-9.4?

If the answer is yes, I'd find another book to send in. If the answer is no, I'd just send it in and not bother with pressing and take the chance your book comes back same grade it was sent out. If it comes back lower, you can always re-submit it to CGC and have it pressed. 

If you're going to do it, I'd get it pressed. If it was me though, I'd never send in a 9.8 to be regraded let alone for a signature. I'm too risk averse, there's no guarantee it will come back as a 9.8 and with a signing it'll be handled more than a straight submission.