• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

October Heritage International Art Auction
3 3

88 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2023 at 10:17 AM, tth2 said:

Not as huge as they would if they were the actual published version.

Yeah, I went through the mental gymnastics of the proper discounted value of the page should be, but in the end it is what it is and where they end up actually selling for may not be far off.

On 9/19/2023 at 10:17 AM, tth2 said:

Not as huge as they would if they were the actual published version.

The description seems to try to let people know there are 2 versions out there and the Miller inked one is the final version but it makes you wonder. It’s up to 362.5K right now. 

On 9/20/2023 at 11:31 AM, NinjaSealed said:

I think in general they would get more separate but in this case maybe not as buyers may hesitate much more bidding on the second page due to it basically being a rejected page. Doesn’t look so good when you title it alone that way.

425k now 

sure, but its a big check

On 8/20/2023 at 7:13 PM, MyNameIsLegion said:

RWD I think worked for Lewis Wayne Galleries, which I think was a side thing of Halperin's slough off dreck he won at HA? (when the house bets with house money, win or lose, you win) His proximity to DFW made him the logical conservator for HA or Halperin. I know he was FB friends with other HA reps, because sometimes they'd even suggest he tone down some of his online screeds.  Their affiliation with RWD may have been completely professional and had no bearing on their willingness to accept the racist Scrooge art for consignment, but someone apparently thought it was ok. I don't know if the fact that this is the European auction has anything to do with it. I don't see how really. Lot's of adult themed things are more likely to be in the Euro auction, and that's fine, just as it's fine to show all sort of underground art. But it usually comes with a little more consideration of not making the images quite so readily visible. Whatever, it's just my opinion, but my opinion is what dictates where and with whom I do business. I am curious how Disney lawyers might look at it. HA may be the big dawg of their niche auction world, but if Disney wanted that stuff gone. It would be gone. Even if it meant pulling the auction and they paid them for it. They may not be aware of it yet.

It's a little odd, to be sure. It would be one thing if it was a vintage, 1940's Spirit page or something. 

On 8/21/2023 at 10:06 AM, Bronty said:

Again, I haven’t read the story in a long while, but the very idea of “racist Scrooge art” kinda cracks me up.      It’s a talking duck that wears no pants.      I guess we should outlaw every story he ever appeared in due to the indecent  exposure. 

That and the fact that Scrooge himself started out as an ethnic stereotype of the tight-fisted, skinflint Scotsman. (As his NAME would suggest). But still -- that image is exceedingly ugly. I wouldn't buy it just for that reason alone.

Perhaps some of the weak prices in the last Signature Auction were because people were keeping their powder dry for this auction?  I've been surprised by how strong some of the prices are already, with 12 days still to go. 

On 9/20/2023 at 8:31 AM, NinjaSealed said:

I think in general they would get more separate but in this case maybe not as buyers may hesitate much more bidding on the second page due to it basically being a rejected page. Doesn’t look so good when you title it alone that way.

425k now 

Both pages are rejects, no?