• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help with a Commission Piece pulled from Comiclink.
1 1

5 posts in this topic

In a effort to downsize I sold off most of my original art through heritage, then moved the lesser pieces through Comiclink. I guess my luck couldn't hold out as we recently ran into a problem with one of the pieces. 8ish years ago I bought the below piece from a forum member either in a sales thread or VCC:

image.thumb.jpeg.87ee2d7564b8105a97d754e349dcb452.jpeg

I believe it was listed as a Tim Sale Emma Frost/White Queen commission and it matches some of his earlier initial signatures. The buyer (and comiclink) contacted Tim Sale's agent who denied it was his so the sale was pulled. I no longer have the PM from who I purchased it from and cannot locate the sales thread to confirm.

I am hoping the original seller is still around or someone can help me identify the artist; worse case I guess I can just hang it back up in the office once returned.

Thanks for the very quick responses! I had previously reached out to Tim Seeley as well.

Doing a quick search of Thony it does match his style and some initial signatures; he doesn't have much of an online presence will have to do some leg work to contact him.

Edit to add: it is very likely that I wrote the incorrect artist information for the piece not the boardie that sold it to me.

Edited by DougC

On 8/18/2023 at 2:42 PM, malvin said:

That's not Tim Sale

Maybe Thony Silas? Doesn't match his signature though.

Malvin

I immediately thought of Thony Silas when I saw it, and I don't remember when - but I was part of his big commission push here years and years ago.

I can't remember if this was the Boardie who facilitated it - I do remember him (I did his Capital City logo for him) and he organized commissions and some exclusives back in the day:

Seeley has a lot of loose pencil work behind his art, I don't think it's him. Good luck, and sounds like you're homing in on what it is.

Edited by Dr. Balls