• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Adams CGC Signing
8 8

290 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2023 at 11:44 AM, Every Day A Story said:

Hi @CGC Mike, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I rang customer service today to find out when my books would be coming. I was told that the remarques haven't been done and the process hasn't even started yet :whatthe:

This is incredibly disappointing and frustrating.:censored:

Extremely upset the remarques session has not even taken place yet.  When i asked CGC Mike, I was told it was already done on the 30th of last moth in this thread.  been waiting for two months and its at least another 6-8 weeks to get the books if he were to do the signing TODAY.    

On 9/7/2023 at 1:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Which is wierd because I know someone whos his is signed, graded, and already on the way back to them (shrug) theirs was only signed though

Odd that remarques werent done, doesnt sound plausable...

I've seen at least 10 slabs people have got back from this signing for sale or posted online already in the past near two weeks now. just signed, no remarques.  all dated 7/29.   a person above said they got their signed Adams  books back LAST MONTH, on the 25th of August.  

I assume Arthur did one day of signing books only and plans to come back for 1 or more day of doing remarques.  Hopefully this year we will get our remarqued books back.  

Still, it would be nice if CGC would know and post proper information about a signing so i'm not misinformed by them (see above posts) that my books will ship by perhaps mid-September when in reality, the signing for remarques hasnt even taken place and its going to be at least 6-8 weeks longer waiting to see them ship.

• Administrator
On 9/8/2023 at 5:00 AM, melanrus said:

Extremely upset the remarques session has not even taken place yet.  When i asked CGC Mike, I was told it was already done on the 30th of last moth in this thread.  been waiting for two months and its at least another 6-8 weeks to get the books if he were to do the signing TODAY.    

Actually, I was asked about the signing.  Nobody asked me about the remarques.  I wasn't even aware that there was a remarques session.  

On 9/8/2023 at 7:44 AM, CGC Mike said:

Actually, I was asked about the signing.  Nobody asked me about the remarques.  I wasn't even aware that there was a remarques session.  

Signing sessions usually include remarques as well; so really there shouldn't have been any confusion. I think @melanrus makes a good point; CGC should keep their customers informed if something changes relating to a signing. If I'd have known there would have been a lengthy delay like this I would have considered having my books remarqued at a con instead (in fact, I am at Baltimore Comic Con this weekend and Art Adams is here). Something similar happened with the original Eastman signing and that equally upset a number of CGC customers. Overall this is pretty poor form; if I happen to bump into Brittany or Matt will likely mention, so they can consider and hopeful improve for the future.

• Administrator

The signing was done in July, however, due to the volume of submissions, he was not able to complete all of the remarques at that same time.  There are currently 50 remarques still with the artist and once we receive those back, we will get them completed and shipped out ASAP.  

On 9/8/2023 at 11:00 AM, CGC Mike said:

The signing was done in July, however, due to the volume of submissions, he was not able to complete all of the remarques at that same time.  There are currently 50 remarques still with the artist and once we receive those back, we will get them completed and shipped out ASAP.  

Oh man that sucks. I wonder if mine is one of those. 

On 9/8/2023 at 2:05 PM, AceHazard said:

Oh man that sucks. I wonder if mine is one of those. 

I assume the 50 books he took home to sketch on were Blank covers.  Arthur's remarques last time on blank covers were a lot more detailed than ones with regular covers.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:00 PM, CGC Mike said:

I had ten books in my submission and now I'm really worried that if they are included in this batch. They were really high grade copies of early Art Adams books (Classic X-Men 1, X-Men Annual 10, Batman 700, Longshot) and certainly not blank covers. I'm now convinced these once high grade books will come back in less than ideal condition. I thought the whole point of this was that all the signings happened at CGC offices and were watched over by CGC. I'm particularly unimpressed that books are essentially not in CGC's care. This situation is getting worse and worse.

Edited by Every Day A Story

On 9/8/2023 at 9:13 PM, melanrus said:

I assume the 50 books he took home to sketch on were Blank covers.  Arthur's remarques last time on blank covers were a lot more detailed than ones with regular covers.

Mine and my friends books are both in limbo and appear to be part of the ones not done yet, and both our books were regular books, not blanks. But last time I got a remark on a regular cover from him, it was still fairly detailed and I'm sure took a little time. 

On 9/11/2023 at 9:33 PM, AnkurJ said:

I think we are looking at early 2024 for the remarks to be done at this point.

Man I hope not. I imagine Arthur is doing a bunch of work getting ready for NYCC now. Hopefully after that he can get the remarques done. I suppose the bright side of the delay is that he may spend more time on each remarque now. I thought the price he was charging for them here was really really good so I’m sure there were a lot to do. 

Uh, wait what's happening?  The remarks aren't done (I have one in there), and they have now been broken out of their protective slabs (I had a 9.8 slab) and what, shipped to California?  Ya'll better be real soft on grading these or you're going to have a ton of complaints.  There is no way I would have sent in my book if I knew that was going to be the workflow.  This just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.