• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Adams CGC Signing
8 8

290 posts in this topic

I emailed them, like suggested by @CGC Mike, here is what was said,

"Thank you for your email. I'm sorry to hear that you received conflicting information. Due to the volume of submissions of remarques that Art Adams received, he was unable to complete them all at his signing. We are currently sending the books to the artist in batches to be worked on. Once books are completed we expedite them through the grading and encapsulation process. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the delay with the service. I can confirm that the books are actively being worked on and we are doing everything in our power to get the books back to clients as soon as possible."

No scheduling other signing, no date for possible completion, but they are going through the mail, being worked on in free time, and there is no supervision. Why were we told, on more than one occasion that they were NOT with Art, and that there would be another signing?

On 11/15/2023 at 2:55 AM, Maboc said:

I emailed them, like suggested by @CGC Mike, here is what was said,

"Thank you for your email. I'm sorry to hear that you received conflicting information. Due to the volume of submissions of remarques that Art Adams received, he was unable to complete them all at his signing. We are currently sending the books to the artist in batches to be worked on. Once books are completed we expedite them through the grading and encapsulation process. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the delay with the service. I can confirm that the books are actively being worked on and we are doing everything in our power to get the books back to clients as soon as possible."

No scheduling other signing, no date for possible completion, but they are going through the mail, being worked on in free time, and there is no supervision. Why were we told, on more than one occasion that they were NOT with Art, and that there would be another signing?

Agreed 100%, I'm not happy that they are basically shipping out my books to Art rather than hosting him at their offices and extremely concerned on the grades that these are going to get because of the handling, etc. CGC continue to drop the ball on this one...

On 11/20/2023 at 6:33 PM, Every Day A Story said:

Agreed 100%, I'm not happy that they are basically shipping out my books to Art rather than hosting him at their offices and extremely concerned on the grades that these are going to get because of the handling, etc. CGC continue to drop the ball on this one...

Am told the same about my Jurgens remarque (below, still “received at CCS”) and have also been told by another person that this happened with  his Scottie Young sub as well.  The CGC signature staff needs to spend less time making IG videos about how awesome they are and more time managing these subs. Sounds like they grossly oversold these signings and at this point it’s obvious they couldn’t care less about their word to their customers.  I stress out sending my books in (as I'm sure everyone does) and it isn’t great peace of mind knowing they are receiving all this extra shipping/handling.
IMG_2909.thumb.jpeg.7f798efb8fd2d9272a19cb3d51c3f26e.jpeg

Edited by Iconic1s

I dont think this is negative, just an observation for Arthur if he reads this or someone can make this suggestion to him.  I am grateful he is doing amazing remrques although at this rate i dont see him finishing this year,   And speculating that we might be getting all our orders cancelled in six months when he is burnt out on trying to do this high quality for everyone…. Nothing would frustrate me off more in the world.

But… how about save all the sketch blank covers for last and do all all the hundred or several hundred of remarque orders that are on covers he drew, that he could do Thirty or perhaps even Fifty in a single day?  Rather than i dunno, 6 or 8 sketch cover blanks and going by orders in batches?

photo example of  cover remarque below.  These are a whole lot faster to do than the sketch cover blanks i’ve seen of 4 peoples finished orders.    I can also understand people frustration at such a long wait and seemingly a handful of sketches are done of hundreds and hundreds.  

One dealer on ebay got 5 beautiful blank covers already and is selling magneto rn.

IMG_0271.jpeg

Edited by melanrus

On 11/22/2023 at 6:06 PM, melanrus said:

I dont think this is negative, just an observation for Arthur if he reads this or someone can make this suggestion to him.  I am grateful he is doing amazing remrques although at this rate i dont see him finishing this year,   And speculating that we might be getting all our orders cancelled in six months when he is burnt out on trying to do this high quality for everyone…. Nothing would frustrate me off more in the world.

But… how about save all the sketch blank covers for last and do all all the hundred or several hundred of remarque orders that are on covers he drew, that he could do Thirty or perhaps even Fifty in a single day?  Rather than i dunno, 6 or 8 sketch cover blanks and going by orders in batches?

photo example of  cover remarque below.  These are a whole lot faster to do than the sketch cover blanks i’ve seen of 4 peoples finished orders.    I can also understand people frustration at such a long wait and seemingly a handful of sketches are done of hundreds and hundreds.  

One dealer on ebay got 5 beautiful blank covers already and is selling magneto rn.

IMG_0271.jpeg

That would be a fantastic thing to do, but at this point I think that all of us that didn't send in blanks are just getting fuxked at this point. Art seems to be working on the blanks as a priority, and giving them lots of attention. As a result we have to wait, have them travel (a nice lie that that is not what is happening) and then we get no information.

All it would take is some transparency on what is happening, and some honesty out of CGC, that seems a pretty tall order at this point.

I get the impression that Art has been sent the blank covers to work on since he can take his time with them and they can be easily replaced if lost or damaged.

I have not heard of any cracked CGC books or remarques on raw books that are being shown. 

On 11/22/2023 at 4:52 PM, Ron C. said:

I get the impression that Art has been sent the blank covers to work on since he can take his time with them and they can be easily replaced if lost or damaged.

I have not heard of any cracked CGC books or remarques on raw books that are being shown. 

I think you might be right about the blank covers.  Sketch covers are more about the remarque, not as much the grade.

Edited by melanrus

I wish Arthur would just update us once a month since people started submiting books in June and here we are almost in December.  “ hey, i just finished 20 remarques, only 500 more to go!” 

Edited by melanrus

Hey, haven't been on in a minute, sounds like there have been some fun updates.  Has anyone who had a remarque on a non blank cover received it back yet?  I've made it a point not to submit anymore books until I get it back and see its not destroyed (it was a true 9.8 when sent it in, slabbed and ready to go), I had submitted almost $10K in CGC submission fees this year and have been skipping everything since.  

On 12/12/2023 at 3:25 PM, BOS said:

I recently received back this Longshot sketch by Arthur Adams. I love the sketch. My only complaint would be that I submitted a slabbed 9.8 copy and it came back 9.6. 

20231209_085402.jpg

Welcome to the boards! Indeed looks great! Sorry about the grade drop, it can happen unfortunately and a "press"  isn't always a cure all. By and by I think it happens less times than others or there would be a bigger voice for it; although it does stink when it happens. :sorry:

I'd be happy with that sketch though. :)

Depending on what we have into it sometimes matters, but it is a good looking book. (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM