• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sept Heritage Signature Auction
3 3

281 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2023 at 5:47 AM, gumbydarnit said:

I watched the first 20 or so lots on thurs, the thing that seemed a bit different from other HA signature auctions was the live bidding seemed quicker. It didn’t seem that there was as many bidding battles, so much so, it felt like a Comiclink auction… just kinda odd.

I thought the same. 

On 9/15/2023 at 1:00 PM, batman_fan said:

I actually liked it a lot.  Linus’s expression is great.  At less than $15k for a 1962, well bought.  I hope prices stay like this through the rest of the year.

I was going to go to 20k on this one but just not alot of art on it for me, ( bust shots and same simple foreground). Decent gag, but I opted for the Ebay selection that day. I preferred it for many reasons. Didn’t want 2 in one day. But, I think there is a perception that even I have, that you can wait for the example you want with Peanuts. Maybe a good time to add a few more to the collection…

On 9/17/2023 at 2:37 AM, comix4fun said:
On 9/16/2023 at 10:03 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Bill never used a gun, apparently... if you are right-handed you rack the slide (feed a bullet into the chamber after inserting a magazine) w/your left hand by coming over the top... what you should see here from this angle is the back of the wrist, not the fingers. Still a fun cover tho!

You may be the only person who looked at cover and saw an actual gun. 

You beat me to it.  I was going to reply "THAT's what you took away from that drawing?"

On 9/17/2023 at 10:06 AM, KirbyCollector said:

This auction is being manipulated or I'll eat my hat... the heavy hand of Heritage at work to protect a friend

Screenshot_20230917_100430_Chrome.jpg

What makes you think that? First appearance page with both characters on it, so I don’t think it’s gone too high. I know at least one collector who was willing to go big for it and I’m sure there are at least a couple more, so $12,000 doesn’t seem that high to me.

On 9/17/2023 at 10:14 AM, Michael Browning said:

What makes you think that? First appearance page with both characters on it, so I don’t think it’s gone too high. I know at least one collector who was willing to go big for it and I’m sure there are at least a couple more, so $12,000 doesn’t seem that high to me.

12 as a final price is fine, 12 now means 16-17 when it hammers. Considering the one high bidder from the last auction is the bagholder here, who else is pushing this? 

On 9/17/2023 at 7:06 AM, KirbyCollector said:

This auction is being manipulated or I'll eat my hat... the heavy hand of Heritage at work to protect a friend

Screenshot_20230917_100430_Chrome.jpg

Maybe... maybe not.

On one hand, we all know people utilize friends to win their own pieces back when things aren't going as planned.

On the other hand, we're so used to "price discovery" in OA auctions that we get surprised when people actually wait until the last day to put their bid in. In many other collectibles areas, people don't jack things up the first 24 hours of the auction.