• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sept Heritage Signature Auction
3 3

281 posts in this topic

I really wanted the Captain Marvel cover (I was the underbidder, but got the sense the buyer was just going to pay any price and dropped out).   I would be very curious if anyone knows anything about the history (did it change hands recently, was it marketed privately, etc.).  Thanks in advance for any response.

On 9/15/2023 at 1:15 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

Can someone explain to me why the Frazetta published panel page with the Marylin Monroe look-alike in multiple panels (and sexy poses) went (slightly) lower than the single unpublished sketch of a woman in a similar pose? 

For every female panel you have to subtract every panel with a bald guy in it that kills the mood. Panel 3, 4 and 5, don't really exist.

On 9/15/2023 at 4:11 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I thought some of the Kirby Marvel pieces went low. 

The price for the Kirby FF 101 with Crystal was right to my eyes, considering the only core FF member pictured is given what I call the "Kirby Thor treatment," i.e. action panels with the character's face hidden. Great page for the price, all said

On 9/15/2023 at 4:21 PM, KirbyCollector said:

The price for the Kirby FF 101 with Crystal was right to my eyes, considering the only core FF member pictured is given what I call the "Kirby Thor treatment," i.e. action panels with the character's face hidden. Great page for the price, all said

I suppose. I guess people liked the Kirby Krakle around the Supreme Intelligence Page with Johnny and Thing (weirdly) sleeping in the same bed better than Crystal in action. 

On 9/15/2023 at 3:13 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

Yeah. If you really wanted a Peanuts page featuring exclusively Peppermint Patty, this was your auction. 

That feels like a restaurant review that says "If you want a Pizza Place that makes every pizza with pineapple, THIS IS THE ONE!" 

On 9/15/2023 at 4:23 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I suppose. I guess people liked the Kirby Krakle around the Supreme Intelligence Page with Johnny and Thing (weirdly) sleeping in the same bed better than Crystal in action. 

Those first two panel are stunning on that page, people pay up for examples like that. Kirby I thought was pretty even keel. Not high not low.

On 9/15/2023 at 3:32 PM, NinjaSealed said:

Those first two panel are stunning on that page, people pay up for examples like that. Kirby I thought was pretty even keel. Not high not low.

The FF 65 went almost exactly where I thought it would go....for the reasons you mention, the inventory that seems to be constantly rotating and available in any given auction, and the "Johnny n Ben Slumber Party" providing the hard ceiling on value. 

On 9/15/2023 at 12:33 PM, batman_fan said:

Peanuts stuff definitely soft.  This would have been $20k floor, $25k expected 1 to 2 years ago and the only reason it closed this high is I was the underbidder and ran it up.  I thought I was going to win it for ~12k for a little while.

IMG_0902.jpeg

Good I may finally be able to get a good early Peanuts strip

On 9/15/2023 at 4:15 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

That might be Boris' best Conan painting. 

It's well done, but with Conan half-turned and the lady all the way turned, there are several others that I like better. I've always thought that SSOC #7 was the best one he did, though, #1 (with Red Sonja to boot) would of course be the most valuable.

Edited by delekkerste