• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sept Heritage Signature Auction
3 3

281 posts in this topic

well THIS should be interesting.

Frazetta 1.8m death dealer 6 being resold at this auction.   https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/paintings/frank-frazetta-death-dealer-vi-painting-original-art-1990-/a/7341-91006.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Just how much of a loss will the consignor experience?    I'd be very surprised at a gain.

On 8/23/2023 at 6:21 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Looks like they went live a few days early because bidding is now open.

Thanks for the heads up!  Would not have even thought of checking the site until tomorrow.

On 8/23/2023 at 9:35 AM, Bronty said:

well THIS should be interesting.

Frazetta 1.8m death dealer 6 being resold at this auction.   https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/paintings/frank-frazetta-death-dealer-vi-painting-original-art-1990-/a/7341-91006.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Just how much of a loss will the consignor experience?    I'd be very surprised at a gain.

Seems like yesterday...but it was 5 years ago when this sold. 
It's not Egyptian Queen, but when compared to Dark Kingdom's $6 million...the $1.8 paid for DD6 feels like a 7 figure bargain. 
I wouldn't be shocked if the seller did well this time around. 

On 8/23/2023 at 11:39 AM, comix4fun said:

Seems like yesterday...but it was 5 years ago when this sold. 
It's not Egyptian Queen, but when compared to Dark Kingdom's $6 million...the $1.8 paid for DD6 feels like a 7 figure bargain. 
I wouldn't be shocked if the seller did well this time around. 

Wow, I didn't notice that.   I thought it was a year or two ago.

Fair comment I guess.   I think its a weak painting for the price tag but you're right, a gain is possible.   

On 8/23/2023 at 10:49 AM, Bronty said:

Wow, I didn't notice that.   I thought it was a year or two ago.

Fair comment I guess.   I think its a weak painting for the price tag but you're right, a gain is possible.   

I was with you..."Didn't this just sell?" was in my head. We've all got a three-year Covid fold in time in our heads. 

There is a nice variety of OA in this auction -- lots of huge pieces for the big time collectors, and lots of quality Bronze/Modern Age art for us regular humans.

I'm following a couple pieces I'm really interested in that I'm almost certain to get outbid on :)

On 8/24/2023 at 12:20 PM, glendgold said:

No. Klaus working off Miller’s 8 x 11 layouts.

On 8/24/2023 at 12:20 PM, glendgold said:

With results for these pages hitting high numbers, I don't think it matters much anymore whether Miller actually touched the paper or not. It used to be a thing, but nowadays, no so much, as evidenced by the super high prices pages from these issues have gotten.

On 8/25/2023 at 7:57 AM, Michael Browning said:

With results for these pages hitting high numbers, I don't think it matters much anymore whether Miller actually touched the paper or not. It used to be a thing, but nowadays, no so much, as evidenced by the super high prices pages from these issues have gotten.

Respectfully , I disagree.  There are still folks such as myself who refuse to purchase (let alone bid on) a Miller DD page that hasn’t been touched by Miller.

case in point, the most recent sale of a Janson DD page from Miller’s run sold for $21.6K, with lots of DD and Black Widow content.  You telling me this wouldn’t hit (conservatively) $75K if Miller had done the pencils?  $21K vs $75K is a significant difference in my opinion.

image.thumb.png.2d18e044da5eb1234d459913e3dd5331.png

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 8/25/2023 at 10:13 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Respectfully , I disagree.  There are still folks such as myself who refuse to purchase (let alone bid on) a Miller DD page that hasn’t been touched by Miller.

case in point, the most recent sale of a Janson DD page from Miller’s run sold for $21.6K, with lots of DD and Black Widow content.  You telling me this wouldn’t hit (conservatively) $75K if Miller had done the pencils?  $21K vs $75K is a significant difference in my opinion.

image.thumb.png.2d18e044da5eb1234d459913e3dd5331.png

I agree with JJJ but I think this page is going to get Miller prices....because it's key ....or do bidders not  know it's mainly Jansons art