• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sept Heritage Signature Auction
3 3

281 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2023 at 10:30 PM, tth2 said:

Oxymoron Alert! :baiting:

You’re keeping his prices high with all the hate that keeps him in the spotlight ;)

Put aside the name and look at the image - it’s a terrific painting from that early fantasy era.

Edited by Bronty

On 9/8/2023 at 8:51 PM, tth2 said:

So looking at the pieces that I'm tracking that now have a reserve, here are my predictions on which ones will sell:

Frazetta Death Dealer VI, $1,800,000 -- doesn't seem like a pre-arranged sale, and it's well after his prime period, so my prediction is RNM

Meskin Leading Comics #1 cover, $150,000 -- RNM

Ray & Robinson Detective #58 cover, $270,000 -- RNM

Bolland Batman #400 p.53, $48,000 -- RNM

I agree with Tim, Tim is right.

Edited by batman_fan

On 8/28/2023 at 9:28 AM, KirbyCollector said:

Kubert Brave and the Bold Hawkman page for sale which sold only last November for a crazy price... someone is going to take a big loss here

Screenshot_20230828_092454_Chrome.jpg

Only $26K or so short of breakeven (once you factor in taxes and shipping for the original sale) with a week left to go...

Screenshot_20230910_093820_Chrome.jpg

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 9/10/2023 at 9:40 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Only $26K or so short of breakeven (once you factor in taxes and shipping for the original sale) with a week left to go...

Too early to read anything into current bid prices, particularly for a piece that won't be going until one of the last days and attention won't be turned to it until the dust has settled from the first day.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:51 AM, tth2 said:

So looking at the pieces that I'm tracking that now have a reserve, here are my predictions on which ones will sell:

Meskin Leading Comics #1 cover, $150,000 -- RNM

Ray & Robinson Detective #58 cover, $270,000 -- RNM

For my next act, I will predict that Josh Allen will have a fantastic day in leading Buffalo over NYJ!

:facepalm:

On 9/12/2023 at 1:00 AM, tth2 said:

For my next act, I will predict that Josh Allen will have a fantastic day in leading Buffalo over NYJ!

:facepalm:

In good news, the way to win your survivor pool going forward is to pick every team playing the Jets. They may have won last night, but 1-16 the rest of the season with Zac Wilson is not that farfetched.

On 9/10/2023 at 6:40 AM, KirbyCollector said:

Screenshot_20230910_093820_Chrome.jpg

These B&B pages with Hawkman are some of the most beautiful pages drawn. It's difficult to fathom making a financial commitment like this and then slapping it back up for auction so soon. I'm sure it could be of personal necessity, but surely one could not tire of something so beautiful so quickly?

On 9/12/2023 at 2:14 PM, grapeape said:

These B&B pages with Hawkman are some of the most beautiful pages drawn. It's difficult to fathom making a financial commitment like this and then slapping it back up for auction so soon. I'm sure it could be of personal necessity, but surely one could not tire of something so beautiful so quickly?

Jacking up an auction to a level beyond all known comparables comes straight out of the "I have so much money, look at me" playbook, and isn't indicative of anyone who really cares about OA or our community. I hope the consignor takes a bath on this and then moves on from OA.

On 9/12/2023 at 2:35 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Jacking up an auction to a level beyond all known comparables comes straight out of the "I have so much money, look at me" playbook, and isn't indicative of anyone who really cares about OA or our community. I hope the consignor takes a bath on this and then moves on from OA.

The month after this page last sold another page from the same book sold for almost 10k less, that I feel is slightly better.  So this will definitely take bath, just hope it's low enough that I can take my shot.

On 9/12/2023 at 2:35 PM, KirbyCollector said:

It could be you're right. But auctions make some of us do crazy things. I remember back in 2002 a friend called me in a panic. "I went crazy and did something stupid," he said. There was an ebay auction for a Ditko or Romita piece, I can't remember which. My friend looked at the page for days and in a moment of deranged fantastical thinking, he imagined himself a rich man and bid $16,000, which made him the high bidder. This man was responsible, worked hard, and paid his bills on time. That being said, he did not have that money in the bank if he won the auction. He'd only been collecting for a few years, and desire put his finger on the keyboard. I was really upset with him. We had to figure out how to cancel the bid in time.

I don't know who won the BB Hawkman. Was it a cash flashing snob who is about to get their comeupance? Maybe. Was it a flipper? Sure jumped in at the wrong time pal. Or was it a huge art loving collector with a desire bigger than his wallet? I'm guessing most of you would say, "good, he deserves to take a bath too." I'm just saying, when you want something, it can tempt you to go beyond your means.

It's almost go time, good luck today... "The more you bid, the more it's worth."

I'm learning from some of the business types in the hobby. I have my eye on a piece and IF i win this particular piece I'm gonna take it into the shop and make it an "alternative cover" and release the new and improved "alternate cover" in the next auction... CHA CHING!!!!

Shhhh keep this on the DL I already have the graphics mocked up....

image.png.42760aa8bc6c22cdfaa40db18c5dcefd.png

Edited by gumbydarnit