• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The X-men: Deadly Genesis Mystery Villains is...(speculation/possible spoiler)

116 posts in this topic

Still coming.....

All will be revealed next issue (4). By the looks of it Prof X sent in a team before Nightcrawler/Storm/Wolverine & everyone else went to Krakoa.

Something happened to this "first" team and the villian is maybe the one surving member trapped on the island after Krakoa got sucked into space thanks to Lorna Dane.

After House of M he's come out of his coma and he's got a major hard-on for Charles and the gang for leaving him out there ??

I think the back up stories must be the team members of this first team.

I'm really enjoying this series, can't wait for Brubaker to take over Uncanny cloud9.gif

All will be revealed next issue (4). By the looks of it Prof X sent in a team before Nightcrawler/Storm/Wolverine & everyone else went to Krakoa.

I despise stupid retcons like this, but I must say that this one makes absolutely no sense. Prof X has always been a real sap, consumed by guilt if one of the X-Men gets a scratch, yet we're supposed to believe he sent an entire team of mutants to their death, then just went and got a new group, never showing any remorse or ever mentioning this to ANYONE for decades?

What's the next revelation, that Jean Grey gave him a mercy screw and she went away to France to have twins? boo.gif

You dont even buy or read moderns or at least you say you dont. Give me a break at least read the book before you criticize it. Its well written and decently illustrated book. A rarity these days. This is one of the few decent modern books go pick on the others there are 100s.

I really hate when Brubaker introduces the other team members when you know alot of them have already bit the dust. Its like dangling candy in front of a kid and then eating it yourself. This is along with Exiles is the only Marvel I am reading currently. After its gone then almost all be DC for the first time in 20 years.

You dont even buy or read moderns or at least you say you dont. Give me a break at least read the book before you criticize it.

Where did I criticize the BOOK? I'm slamming the IDEA behind the book, which is stupid to the extreme, and yet another lame retcon that makes absolutely no sense.

So sure, the book may be well-written, but the idea still stinks.

You dont even buy or read moderns or at least you say you dont. Give me a break at least read the book before you criticize it.

Where did I criticize the BOOK? I'm slamming the IDEA behind the book, which is stupid to the extreme, and yet another lame retcon that makes absolutely no sense.

JC hasn't liked the idea for any story since the first appearance of Spider-Man.

I despise stupid retcons like this, but I must say that this one makes absolutely no sense. Prof X has always been a real sap, consumed by guilt if one of the X-Men gets a scratch, yet we're supposed to believe he sent an entire team of mutants to their death, then just went and got a new group, never showing any remorse or ever mentioning this to ANYONE for decades?

What's the next revelation, that Jean Grey gave him a mercy screw and she went away to France to have twins? boo.gif

Sorry JC, but you've just given the answer to your own question here. If an earlier team of mutants bit the dust...then yes, it would be understandable if the Prof was more protective the 2nd time around.

I'm not a fan of the many attempts to turn a story with Prof X as the bad guy, but I'm enjoying the series so far.

Also, I'm posting in the modern section...so yes I read moderns. I don't collect original art, therefore, I don't go into the OA section and repeatedly pizz on other's enjoyment of OA. Pick a new line...your old line about being glad you don't read moderns is tired and old. End of sign-rantpost.gif

These are comic books were talking about i.e. fantasy/fiction - you have to take things with a spinch of salt and use your imagination a bit otherwise whats the point in reading them ??

So what it's not the most original idea in the world - it still makes for an entertaining story.

Personally I think this is the best X-men book out there now.

but I do agree, looks like the bad guy is gonna be someone new....thank God!!

I hope Brubaker come's up with an original/good name for him 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I thought I explained that the island was called Krakoa - oh well maybe bad england on my part foreheadslap.gif

I thought he was the third Summers brother?

but I do agree, looks like the bad guy is gonna be someone new....thank God!!

I hope Brubaker come's up with an original/good name for him 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I thought I explained that the island was called Krakoa - oh well maybe bad england on my part foreheadslap.gif

I thought he was the third Summers brother?

That has been my thought as well. But Scott has no idea who he is.

These are comic books were talking about i.e. fantasy/fiction - you have to take things with a spinch of salt and use your imagination a bit otherwise whats the point in reading them ??

Agreed, but at what point are these hack writers going to stop plumbing the old What If series? It seems that every "new and innovative idea" is just some old What If comic:

95078701518.9.GIF

95076770084.5.gif

95076770084.30.gif

95076770084.35.gif

95076770084.27.gif

95076770084.37.gif

95076770084.2.gif

And Coming Soon!!!

95076770084.46.gif

Okay, you've got me there 27_laughing.gif....that was a valid modern post...because every one of these what if? have or are being done except for the Uncle Ben story...and according to JQ on newsarama he'll revive Uncle Ben if he ever gets the proper proposal from one of his 'hot" writers...i.e. ..whenever Marvel needs another quick influx of cash.

Redux stories are part of standard comics history....I can live with them to an extent and the X-Men Genesis story is one that appears to be working. I do wish Marvel had stuck with their once dead/always dead idea, too bad it didn't last long. JQ's flip-flopping hurts their sells as much as the general quality of the books.

True, JC. Nice What If?'s. But that X-Men is saying "What if the X-Men team (from Giant-Size X-Men #1) died on their first mission?" Doesn't say anything about "What if Prof X had an original X-Men team before the X-Men we know today, who all died during their first mission?"

thumbsup2.gif

True, JC. Nice What If?'s. But that X-Men is saying "What if the X-Men team (from Giant-Size X-Men #1) died on their first mission?" Doesn't say anything about "What if Prof X had an original X-Men team before the X-Men we know today, who all died during their first mission?"

thumbsup2.gif

That's because this bizarre "first team" never existed before someone decided to invent them (What If deals with retcon takes on EXISTING events) - but it has the exact same idea behind it. The first team to go out died.

Obviously another "Marvel hack reading What If on the toilet" type of idea.

thumbsup2.gif

That's because this bizarre "first team" never existed before someone decided to invent them (What If deals with retcon takes on EXISTING events) - but it has the exact same idea behind it. The first team to go out died.

Obviously another "Marvel hack reading What If on the toilet" type of idea.

I like the idea, personally. Marvel has been building this "Xavier as Basstard" theme for YEARS now. It's about time that it should ACTUALLY pay off with some hard facts, and what better way than with the revelation of some skeletons in his closet?

Though I do believe this event will be better written, we have seen the bad-side of Xavier in the past. If I recall, there was a story of Xavier maintaining files to "take-down" the X-men if he ever needed to (JLA Tower of Babel story arc ripped this off later). Or the lame Onslaught story of the Xavier and Magneto mind meld.

Pat

Though I do believe this event will be better written, we have seen the bad-side of Xavier in the past. If I recall, there was a story of Xavier maintaining files to "take-down" the X-men if he ever needed to (JLA Tower of Babel story arc ripped this off later). Or the lame Onslaught story of the Xavier and Magneto mind meld.

Pat

Yes... I was looking at those as half-forgotten steps on the way to the true nature of Xavier.

I like the idea, personally. Marvel has been building this "Xavier as Basstard" theme for YEARS now. It's about time that it should ACTUALLY pay off with some hard facts, and what better way than with the revelation of some skeletons in his closet?

Agreed, but this particular idea that Prof X could just move on, hiding forever the deaths of his original team is pretty lame.

Just look at the cover of the What If issue, with a far more realistic view of Chuck and his empathy for the team. He's openly crying and has built a huge tomb/monument to the original team.

That's Prof X in a nutshell, not some whacko who covers up deaths for decades.