• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The entire chat forum will be temporarily unavailable on September 11th
6 6

119 posts in this topic

• Administrator

CGC Cards submitters will soon enjoy a single, streamlined website and online submission form for all TCGs, sports cards and non-sports cards. As part of the website upgrades, we are also merging our TCG, sports card and non-sports card Chat Boards. The combination will occur on Monday, September 11, and the Chat Boards will be temporarily unavailable during the upgrade.

We apologize for any inconvenience during the upgrade period. For any questions about the CGC Cards system updates and any submissions made during this time, please contact CGC Cards Customer Service at Service@CGCcards.com or (+1) 855-GRADE10.

On 9/6/2023 at 5:38 PM, CGC Mike said:

As part of the website upgrades, we are also merging our TCG, sports card and non-sports card Chat Boards.

Can you elaborate please Mike - is this forum gaining or losing something post the upgrade?

• Administrator
On 9/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Can you elaborate please Mike - is this forum gaining or losing something post the upgrade?

I was only told this:

When they come back up we will have one card section and one comics section.

On 9/6/2023 at 6:34 PM, CGC Mike said:

I was only told this:

When they come back up we will have one card section and one comics section.

That's not very clear, is it.

"merging our TCG, sports card and non-sports card Chat Boards"

@CGC Mike

Mike, this line in the communication suggests there are three chat boards for cards. How else could they be merged. We have one of them here (which you split out from CG following my recommendation earlier in the year):

merge.thumb.PNG.57db593f4d3492636c6f6e487844a7d6.PNG

This could mean that two other card forums elsewhere are going to merge with our existing TC forum here which would mean lots of new faces and members turning up all, possibly, with questions and log in related issues.

Or it could mean our TC forum here is being removed to join two other card chat boards somewhere else on the web. This would mean we'd lose the members who have been active in the card forum here and they may have questions for you if their home suddenly disappears.

Would it not be wise to find out a bit more about it?

• Administrator

Looking into this more, I have confirmed the card forum will remain here.  This is all of the info I will be posting.  Any unanswered questions should become clear after the merger.   With the CTC/CSG merger we are combining all the card sites into one, which also means we are merging the Chat Boards as well.  Because cards is incorporated under comics, it will go down as well. When they come back up we will have one card section and one comics section.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:29 PM, CGC Mike said:

Looking into this more, I have confirmed the card forum will remain here.  This is all of the info I will be posting.  Any unanswered questions should become clear after the merger.   With the CTC/CSG merger we are combining all the card sites into one, which also means we are merging the Chat Boards as well.  Because cards is incorporated under comics, it will go down as well. When they come back up we will have one card section and one comics section.

I should have asked this a second ago before this last post, but my question was is it redoing the registry as well? I know that @wytshus had mentioned it but we never had an eta other than in the future possibly before next winners announced. lol

I can just wait and see though. :cheers:

It's not too far off! ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/9/2023 at 11:32 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

"The entire chat forum will be temporarily unavailable on September 11th"

And for two hours on the 9th :p 

I thought you were going to spend less time around here anyway....FIBBER!!! :roflmao:

On 9/9/2023 at 7:29 PM, Galen130 said:

I thought you were going to spend less time around here anyway....FIBBER!!! :roflmao:

:grin:

I definitely spent less time here a few hours ago, Galen. Unless you count refreshing the page 6,000 times over two hours as 'spending time' hm

Anyway, it looks like these are the guys that are going to join us on Monday...

https://boards.csgcards.com/

https://boards.csgcards.com/topic/1831-cgc-cards-chat-boards-merging/

If they muck it up we could end up with two Buzzes.

Capture.thumb.PNG.5a89b5d3a66572f520c375413bac8263.PNG

One's enough, surely....? :eek:

@Buzzetta Buzz, what do you 'win the day' for over there? :popcorn:

On 9/9/2023 at 2:41 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

:grin:

I definitely spent less time here a few hours ago, Galen. Unless you count refreshing the page 6,000 times over two hours as 'spending time' hm

Anyway, it looks like these are the guys that are going to join us on Monday...

https://boards.csgcards.com/

https://boards.csgcards.com/topic/1831-cgc-cards-chat-boards-merging/

If they muck it up we could end up with two Buzzes.

Capture.thumb.PNG.5a89b5d3a66572f520c375413bac8263.PNG

One's enough, surely....? :eek:

@Buzzetta Buzz, what do you 'win the day' for over there? :popcorn:

No idea, but I need to update that "collection" journal I have or I may just move it over there. 

I have silently been collecting certified or factory distributed autographed football cards of what I have labeled, "The NFL Legal Troubles Collection". 

For those that do not know the players in this collection are NFL players that have found themselves in legally precarious situations and their trials are either pending or they have been convicted.  Yes, I have a PSA certified OJ Card along with Aaron Hernandez and Rae Caruth factory distributed auto cards and quite a few other gems.   Eventually when I tire of the entire collection I may put it up on eBay with everything going to charity or something. 

I have only posted six of the many that I have collected.  I had stopped because I was no longer able to edit the first post listing everyone in the post.  I might move it here.