• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CSG to CGC cards
2 2

17 posts in this topic

Will there still be half grades and if not if I send 9.5 Mint plus sports cards in to to get new CGC holder will they still be a 9.5 mint plus or will they be a 9 or a 10

• Administrator
On 6/23/2023 at 12:17 PM, Rmcj said:

Will there still be half grades and if not if I send 9.5 Mint plus sports cards in to to get new CGC holder will they still be a 9.5 mint plus or will they be a 9 or a 10

In the new CGC Cards Gem Mint 10 grading scale there will be half grades all the way up from 1.5 to 9.5. If you have any CSG Mint+ 9.5 cards those will reholder as Mint+ 9.5 in the new CGC Cards label. 

On 6/23/2023 at 12:28 PM, CGCRyan said:

In the new CGC Cards Gem Mint 10 grading scale there will be half grades all the way up from 1.5 to 9.5. If you have any CSG Mint+ 9.5 cards those will reholder as Mint+ 9.5 in the new CGC Cards label. 

Therefore, only 9.5 Gem Mint will be moved to 10 on a reholder? And not 9.5 Mint+?

• Administrator
On 6/24/2023 at 8:20 AM, jackparker76 said:

Therefore, only 9.5 Gem Mint will be moved to 10 on a reholder? And not 9.5 Mint+?

Yes, that is correct. Current CSG Mint+ 9.5s will remain Mint+ 9.5s in the new CGC Cards label.

If wanting to ensure consistency in a complete graded set, I have one with 102 cards,  40 of which are CSG 10.  I think I read somewhere it is not advisable to reholder 10s to the new CGC label.  Is this accurate ?   Possibly due to chance of harming the card during re-holdering ? 

thank you 

On 6/26/2023 at 6:58 AM, UncleTed said:

If wanting to ensure consistency in a complete graded set, I have one with 102 cards,  40 of which are CSG 10.  I think I read somewhere it is not advisable to reholder 10s to the new CGC label.  Is this accurate ?   Possibly due to chance of harming the card during re-holdering ? 

thank you 

I had sent in a card for reholdering that they destroyed, so if you want the card, I concur.

• Administrator

Hello, there is always a possibility of cards being damaged when being removed from a holder, although it is slim when done by a trained professional. The holders are designed to be tamper resistant and difficult to open on purpose.

Perfect 10 cards are not recommended to be reholdered as they are being retired, not removed. They are still being counted in the Population reports, they are just not assigning NEW perfect 10 grades moving forward. This means the ones that you already have will be even more rare in the future. 

• Administrator
On 6/29/2023 at 12:12 PM, BB-8 said:

Will the old green label Pristine 10 cross over to the new Pristine 10 label?

Yes, old green label Pristine 10s will cross to the new gold CGC Cards Pristine 10 label if sent in for reholder.

Hey @CGCRyan, wondering if you had any insight on a couple of questions:

1. Once the merger is complete, can customers make up a 25-card bulk order with a combination of sports and non-sports/TCG cards (ie. 20 sports and 5 TCG)?

2. In at least two interviews, I've seen VP Matt Quinn state that current CGC cards graded 9 Mint with subgrades of "mint mint plus plus" (ie. 9 9 9.5/10 9.5/10) would qualify for a 9.5 Mint + reholder. Would this also apply to reholders for green label CSG with subgrades of "mint mint plus plus?"  For instance, a card with these types of subgrades...

Thank you!!

4394123_Full_Obv.jpg

Edited by KB!

• Administrator
On 6/30/2023 at 12:12 PM, KB! said:

Hey @CGCRyan, wondering if you had any insight on a couple of questions:

1. Once the merger is complete, can customers make up a 25-card bulk order with a combination of sports and non-sports/TCG cards (ie. 20 sports and 5 TCG)?

2. In at least two interviews, I've seen VP Matt Quinn state that current CGC cards graded 9 Mint with subgrades of "mint mint plus plus" (ie. 9 9 9.5/10 9.5/10) would qualify for a 9.5 Mint + reholder. Would this also apply to reholders for green label CSG with subgrades of "mint mint plus plus?"  For instance, a card with these types of subgrades...

Thank you!!

4394123_Full_Obv.jpg

Thank you for reaching out to us. To answer your questions:

1. With CGC Cards, you will be able to mix your Bulk submissions to include a combination of sports cards, non-sports cards and trading cards.

2. Any Mint 9 (green label or black label CSG) will be a Mint 9 if you send it in for reholder. If you would like to have the card reviewed for a possible grade bump, it would go through the regular submission process and be charged a regular grading fee.

On 6/30/2023 at 1:57 PM, CGCRyan said:

Thank you for reaching out to us. To answer your questions:

1. With CGC Cards, you will be able to mix your Bulk submissions to include a combination of sports cards, non-sports cards and trading cards.

2. Any Mint 9 (green label or black label CSG) will be a Mint 9 if you send it in for reholder. If you would like to have the card reviewed for a possible grade bump, it would go through the regular submission process and be charged a regular grading fee.

Hey @CGCRyan, sorry, one more clarification.  For a bulk submission, can these be a mix of raw cards and crossovers?

Thank you!!

• Administrator
On 7/8/2023 at 8:03 PM, KB! said:

Hey @CGCRyan, sorry, one more clarification.  For a bulk submission, can these be a mix of raw cards and crossovers?

Thank you!!

The Bulk service and 25-card minimum would only apply to raw cards.