• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Card Review
1 1

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello @Noyhut

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that it is disappointing to receive a grade that is lower than expected. CGC's grading standards and processes are proprietary, so while I cannot explain why your card received its grade, I can share methods that help ensure that every card is graded according to CGC standards. Each card is only removed from its sleeve by the graders. This ensures that when the graders review the card, they review it in the condition it is received. Additionally, each card is reviewed by more than one grader. With more than one expert evaluating your card and reaching a consensus on the final grade, we can ensure that this grade is consistent with CGC's grading processes. 

If you wish to have a card re-evaluated, you can send it in to be re-graded. The fees would align with the chosen grading tier.

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

• Administrator

Hello @Noyhut

If you prefer, you can submit the card in its CGC holder. However, you will enter the card on the submission form as if it is a raw card.

Please note that when you submit a card in its holder, you assume all risk of damage that may occur during removal from the holder. While damage to cards during crack-out is not common, we cannot completely eliminate the risk of damage. Submitting a card to be regraded does not guarantee that the card will receive the same grade or higher.  

On 8/9/2023 at 11:08 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @Noyhut

If you prefer, you can submit the card in its CGC holder. However, you will enter the card on the submission form as if it is a raw card.

Please note that when you submit a card in its holder, you assume all risk of damage that may occur during removal from the holder. While damage to cards during crack-out is not common, we cannot completely eliminate the risk of damage. Submitting a card to be regraded does not guarantee that the card will receive the same grade or higher.  

So just to confirm. I can send in a CSG graded card and it will be reviewed? I have a green label with strong subs and I would like to see if it can get a .5 bump in grade. Just enter it as raw and the grader will for sure know what to do?

On 8/21/2023 at 5:22 PM, Warner85 said:

So just to confirm. I can send in a CSG graded card and it will be reviewed? I have a green label with strong subs and I would like to see if it can get a .5 bump in grade. Just enter it as raw and the grader will for sure know what to do?

My understanding is that it will simply be regraded.

So, I just tried this. I put 2 CSG graded cards in with my bulk order and labeled them as raw cards in the submission. They then proceeded to remove those cards from the bulk submission, and place them in a re-holder order. I was sent an Email saying they do not do graded card reviews. Exactly what is going on here? Do you do graded card reviews or not? I wouldn’t have sent the cards unless they were going to be reviewed. I’m not saying I would’ve gotten a better grade it but still.

• Administrator

Hi @Warner85, we do not have a re-grade service. We can either grade the card as "raw" or we can reholder the card. If your cards were a green label 9.5 Gem Mint, they will automatically be bumped to Gem Mint 10. Any grades under that you'd like reviewed would need to be graded fresh if you wanted to see if they could be bumped.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

On 10/24/2023 at 8:04 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hi @Warner85, we do not have a re-grade service. We can either grade the card as "raw" or we can reholder the card. If your cards were a green label 9.5 Gem Mint, they will automatically be bumped to Gem Mint 10. Any grades under that you'd like reviewed would need to be graded fresh if you wanted to see if they could be bumped.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

Are you sure? I just got another email saying they thought I mistakenly put those 2 slabbed cards in with the order and they are now going to crack them out and REGRADE them. Did you look at the previous ADMIN comment on this thread? Are they only regrading my 2 slabbed cards because of what the previous ADMIN said in this thread and it’s no longer an option?