• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the Heck Happened to this Superman #12?
2 2

25 posts in this topic

People have been messing with books since the earliest days when they used old school markers.It used to be great to buy OO books but those days are over.I don't even care for pressing as I can't imagine it is healthy for the book. It's not going to get any better the only hope is there are better means of detection and notation on what was done. I'm comfortable buying a book that has disclosed restoration if the price is right. The only Fox book I own was sold as cleaned and pressed; I didn't mind as the price was very reasonable and I wanted to see what one of those books was like. I'm assuming the cover was cleaned in some old school manner as I bought it in the early 2000's.I've always wondered how it was done.

Weird7.thumb.jpg.c41cc2b7e65010babe290b6bd9d3bf45.jpg

Weird7Back.thumb.jpg.ff01733ddf94dafb039db7b3ed839867.jpg

On 9/17/2023 at 3:39 PM, october said:

Last time I saw him at a show, he had a raw Prize I'd been after marked a 5.5. Took about five seconds on my phone to find the significantly lower grade slab he had cracked it out of. 

Not someone I feel at all comfortable buying from. 

I used to enjoy dealing with Ritter but I haven't bought off him for years now, that's just how it's panned out.

I had no idea he was up to those sort of shenanigans.

That's disappointing to hear.  :frown: