• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a 9.8?
5 5

43 posts in this topic

I got an invincible 1 9.8 from comiclink auction and it looks immaculate except the very back there are two little scuffs on the top Staple and the bottom staple on the back. 

Other than these two defects the remaining book is very sharp with sharp corners and pretty much a perfect front. 

20230918_153920.jpg

20230918_153933.jpg

Edited by WolverineX

On 9/20/2023 at 4:08 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I mean if the book is perfect save for a few small scuffs as pictured, maybe still a 9.8. It’s close for me. Also everything looks bigger close up. I bet looking at the scuffs in person they appear very minuscule.

Here it is in context.  Smaller but noticable. You would still call it a 9.8

?

20230920_152116.jpg

On 9/20/2023 at 12:24 PM, WolverineX said:

Here it is in context.  Smaller but noticable. You would still call it a 9.8

?

20230920_152116.jpg

Yeah I mean with that view my mind isn’t changed. As long as it’s flawless otherwise, I feel the grade is still potentially justifiable. But like I said it’s definitely close.

Stacking ink rubs...I don't know what CGC thinks about those, or anything they do these days.

Not a 9.8 in my book.  When I list raw comics for sale, I note those in the listing if they are present.

On 9/20/2023 at 9:58 PM, WolverineX said:

The worst is that comiclink doesn't offer returns.  I did not think the back cover would have these issues on a 9.8

The slab says 9.8. I guess sell it and eat the fees and find a copy you love or live with this? Just give good front and back scans. 

On 9/18/2023 at 12:44 PM, WolverineX said:

I got an invincible 1 9.8 and it looks immaculate except the very back there are two little scuffs on the top Staple and the bottom staple on the back. 

Other than these two defects the remaining book is very sharp with sharp corners and pretty much a perfect front. 

20230918_153920.jpg

20230918_153933.jpg

These could be production related defects that are widely known on this book that keeps this in 9.8