• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention 2024 ( CalComicCon )
4 4

79 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2024 at 10:36 PM, loboagain said:

The show is only a few days away and I am looking forward to trade night, seeing old friends and making new friends.  I will be there along with Mad Titan, Mayor McCheese and our other friend Ben.  Here are just some of the stuff we will be bringing for sale and trade.  See you all on Saturday!

gl 86.jpg

:x

On 2/3/2024 at 3:08 PM, alexgross.com said:

hope everyone has a great time and looking forward to seeing pics. unfortunately not able to attend this year, and will miss the comics and the people-

The Comic Swap is in the books, and I had a great time!  I sold four times as much as I was hoping.  I can't wait until tomorrow.

If anyone is interested, I posted my show report over in my “Son of my 50 year Junk Obsecession” thread in the GA section. Photos and observations.

Just a big Thanks to Terry for all his hard work in putting together the best show on the West Coast. I can’t imagine how much it takes to put on this great party and celebration of the medium! Already looking forward to next year! 

IMG_8150.jpeg

Had a great time both days! Sold a good amount of the X-men books in my "Nothing But X-men" box during the Comic swap, happy to share the love of mutants with others!

@Robot Man I didn't get a chance to say "Hi" and introduce myself at your table, as you were busy with quite a large amount of pulps and Golden Age that Felipe (aka Flipmode Comics along with Jamie) was picking up from you. I did pick-up some nice Silver Age Green Lantern and a nice Dave Stevens cover from some of your boxes though!

@loboagain I realized now that you were right next to me during the swap! I had my eyes on that HOS 92 the whole night :bigsmile:

Purchased a large stack of Bronze Age Horror from Terry Stroud, always great seeing him and digging through those boxes. All in all I left the event with more comics and more money than I started with, so it was a good one! Hope to do it all again next year.

On 2/5/2024 at 12:46 PM, Aarrow108 said:

Had a great time both days! Sold a good amount of the X-men books in my "Nothing But X-men" box during the Comic swap, happy to share the love of mutants with others!

@Robot Man I didn't get a chance to say "Hi" and introduce myself at your table, as you were busy with quite a large amount of pulps and Golden Age that Felipe (aka Flipmode Comics along with Jamie) was picking up from you. I did pick-up some nice Silver Age Green Lantern and a nice Dave Stevens cover from some of your boxes though!

@loboagain I realized now that you were right next to me during the swap! I had my eyes on that HOS 92 the whole night :bigsmile:

Purchased a large stack of Bronze Age Horror from Terry Stroud, always great seeing him and digging through those boxes. All in all I left the event with more comics and more money than I started with, so it was a good one! Hope to do it all again next year.

Sorry we couldn’t chat. There were a lot of board members there but I was really busy all day. Had a short chat with my buddy Ricksneatstuff and a few others. Thanks for the purchases. Those discounted SA boxes got picked pretty hard. Glad you had a good day. Sure was fun wasn’t it?