• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Stop deleting our books haha, but seriously? our books are disappearing from the registry and I don't want to tie up the "new add" thread
2 2

36 posts in this topic

image.thumb.png.f77a83eb19ab4c9755073a3c2415ac02.png

THere is the cert for my book that used to fit in the #1 issue slot, which is correct, a 1st print 1st appearance that got deleted along with @Zepherous who had the top spot. and a few others like @comicbookfinsta

And the following pic is the now cert # info for the #1 issue, that didn't get deleted, and it has a "different issued distribution date!" 

Was just no one going to offer a free reholder or just delete our stuff? Maybe I'll be a little more patient for a Monday response, but argh lol cheers :cheers: @jstam

image.png.7541c2cdc8563952a00f4c7f32db44c4.png

On 9/23/2023 at 3:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@jstam Since you're the one responding to our posts with reactions and answers...

Why did all our Batman Beyond #1 1999 just disappear from the registry? on 9/22 they were correct for the spot, here is a pic of mine :shy:??? 

image.png.fe41bc31e629677255dc7e83debfab9f.png

AS2 1st print 3/99 ??? what is up!?! @crnbrd @comicbookfinsta

On 9/23/2023 at 3:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Zepherous you need to read this, I'm sure it is just an innocent mistake, but who would have known? If I didn't see in the all the books I have, if someone just started deleting books in sets, I might not catch it. Especially if it was in more than one set :( @jstam

From the other thread, so that I don't take up space talking about it there :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Here is a Newsstand version with a recent as 2023 grade date that also says 3/99 as the "issue date".

I'm starting to think this is a registry only problem and not a reholders cgc problem. Whew! @jstam

Screenshot_20230923-172619.png

Once more...

It is still registered in my overall gallery ???

But it ISN"T in a registered set.....

I have 710 books all with pics, all 710 pics show up in the overall, but only 709 are registered to a set because the registry dropped the Batman Beyond #1 so idk how it can show up with pics and a description and somehow "also not be registered to a set!?!" @jstam @wyts

On 9/25/2023 at 11:56 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Once more...

It is still registered in my overall gallery ???

But it ISN"T in a registered set.....

I have 710 books all with pics, all 710 pics show up in the overall, but only 709 are registered to a set because the registry dropped the Batman Beyond #1 so idk how it can show up with pics and a description and somehow "also not be registered to a set!?!" @jstam @wyts

oh the screenshots ... it doesn't show up in the gallery of the individual set either so idk

image.thumb.png.399f166cf99479425600074c86851021.png

image.thumb.png.77474c27bdeec4b883093af57bbc8031.png

image.png.7fe9b7a9085791c7b11108584f7375d7.png

image.png.c48180080e08711e49d3cff9a8ff1662.png

• Administrator

Adamantium - I've looked at both of the Batman Beyond sets and they are both correct. The Batman Beyond 1999 Limited Series set is where the book you've included a screenshot of would go. https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=2438

The Batman Beyond 1999 set is Volume II of this title, and the first 6 issues have different interior material than the 1-6 1999 Limited Series. 

On 9/25/2023 at 1:49 PM, jstam said:

Adamantium - I've looked at both of the Batman Beyond sets and they are both correct. The Batman Beyond 1999 Limited Series set is where the book you've included a screenshot of would go. https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=2438

The Batman Beyond 1999 set is Volume II of this title, and the first 6 issues have different interior material than the 1-6 1999 Limited Series. 

It is appreciated, hopefully I didn't wig out to much, so thank you!

On 9/25/2023 at 2:01 PM, Yorick said:
On 9/25/2023 at 1:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

hopefully I didn't wig out to much

If the registry went away, there would be no more incentive for me to send books to CGC. 

lol idk if for myself I'd go that far, but admire your pluck. 

I suppose I was just unaware the 1999 had a start to 2 Batman Beyond Series, seems like a simple fix, but I was in this case just ignorant :) 

• Administrator

Adamantium - not to worry; it’s understandable. It might help to know that most anything on the Registry can be also fixed, it’s just comes down to how. 

There is clean up coming, so don’t be alarmed if you see some things changing. I’ll be posting other threads to make everyone aware of the broader work that’s upcoming once the necessary tools are updated and other processes are in place.

I think this thread may be appropriate to this discussion point: I am NOT happy with the new registry rules.

I now join @Iconic1s with my new loss of interest in the registry sets (for different reasons - :cheers:)

On 1/18/2024 at 1:27 PM, Yorick said:

I think this thread may be appropriate to this discussion point: I am NOT happy with the new registry rules.

I now join @Iconic1s with my new loss of interest in the registry sets (for different reasons - :cheers:)

No way!  Sorry to leave you hangin’ lol but my main concern seems to have blown over!

I love the Registry and everything about CGC (hello Judges :hi:)… in fact, who are you again lol??

Edited by Iconic1s

On 1/18/2024 at 1:44 PM, Iconic1s said:

No way!  Sorry to leave you hangin’ lol but my main concern seems to have blown over!

I love the Registry and everything about CGC (hello Judges :hi:)… in fact, who are you again lol??

I guess I’m the only one that thought that was funny :shiftyeyes:

On 1/18/2024 at 7:05 PM, Iconic1s said:

I guess I’m the only one that thought that was funny :shiftyeyes:

I did but then it made me think of my rapport having started this thread, which at the time I didn't believe was in angst, to wit I didn't want to prolong those thoughts with a laugh reaction. Then thought I was being too deep about it and turned my brain off lol

I'd like to win too, they always show examples of sets complete and in 9.8 lol

I think I need to face "a reality" in my sets lol as passionate as I feel I may be. :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM