• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE to Shortboxed Shipping and Service issue
7 7

113 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2023 at 1:11 PM, Gambold Vintage said:

I'd like to head this one off, but of course you are free to contact Shortboxed for answers. In this situation, it was fairly clear from the get-go that the seller was bogus.  By that I mean they weren't responding to the sale nor were they going to ship the book. You get a good sense of these things after buying and selling for years. 

It wouldn't be proper of me to screenshot their emails, but Shortboxed evidently agreed after trying on their own to contact the seller and verify the sale.  They may have had other reasons they didn't share with me for the suspension decision. Frankly I was surprised about that - I wasn't gunning for the seller, I just needed a fast turnaround on the refund. So like I said - they may have had other reasons.  I think they are fair and if this was a legitimate sale, they would have counseled me to wait. 

I want to vouch for Shortboxed's response on this, which is why I changed the title and content of the original post, and removed all my ill-advised squabbling with fellow forum members. It was a learning experience for me too, and while many of the comments here were mean-spirited or just kinda stupid, I do appreciate the few that took a genuine, mature interest...which is why I have posted more details here at the end. 

Happy Collecting, Gambold Vintage

This is very much appreciated.

On 10/3/2023 at 1:11 PM, Gambold Vintage said:

I'd like to head this one off, but of course you are free to contact Shortboxed for answers. In this situation, it was fairly clear from the get-go that the seller was bogus.  By that I mean they weren't responding to the sale nor were they going to ship the book. You get a good sense of these things after buying and selling for years. 

It wouldn't be proper of me to screenshot their emails, but Shortboxed evidently agreed after trying on their own to contact the seller and verify the sale.  They may have had other reasons they didn't share with me for the suspension decision. Frankly I was surprised about that - I wasn't gunning for the seller, I just needed a fast turnaround on the refund. So like I said - they may have had other reasons.  I think they are fair and if this was a legitimate sale, they would have counseled me to wait. 

I want to vouch for Shortboxed's response on this, which is why I changed the title and content of the original post, and removed all my ill-advised squabbling with fellow forum members. It was a learning experience for me too, and while many of the comments here were mean-spirited or just kinda stupid, I do appreciate the few that took a genuine, mature interest...which is why I have posted more details here at the end. 

Happy Collecting, Gambold Vintage

so long as it was legit scam-dar on your end, but those of us who are hobby sellers and a sale happens friday aren't always in a position to mail it out saturday. we're not amazon. I try to make that clear in my listings.

I wouldn't say my comment was mean spirited or stupid. Regardless of what the outcome was I still feel it was too soon to being going all ballistic and using the "never again" language. As mentioned many of us have been thru way more than 1 hiccup. I.E. if you read the boards you'll find people having waited weeks and months to resolve an issue.

We're excited to share that yes, Seller Badges are on the way, set to launch either today or tomorrow! This feature has been in the pipeline for some time, and we can’t wait for you to see it. We'll share a blog post with all the details, and of course, you’ll be able to check out the new badges in the app once the update is live.

Our aim has always been to create a fair marketplace for both buyers and sellers. To maintain a trustworthy environment, we do have measures in place to deal with sellers who don’t fulfill orders or buyers who often drop off at checkout. Unless there’s a serious issue or a pattern of misbehavior, we typically look for repeat issues before considering suspensions. A one-off incident won’t lead to an account being suspended.

We’re all about keeping the marketplace reliable and enjoyable for everyone involved.

- Crowe, Head of Marketing

On 10/1/2023 at 7:26 AM, Gambold Vintage said:

For those of you playing at home, it was obvious to me after three days that the seller was never going to ship that book, which is why I tried to contact Shortboxed. Unfortunately, their customer service hours are limited to Mon-Fri, 9-5 PST.  For New Yorkers, this means once Saturday starts, there's no support until after noon on Monday. 

As this was a time-sensitive situation, these limited hours and the method of contact (personal emails) was difficult to accommodate and explain to other involved parties. Fortunately Shortboxed was able to effect the refund quickly...after noon on Monday when they finally "opened" on the East Coast. 

A further concern is the anonymity of sellers - how would a buyer know to avoid the bad ones? The seller in this situation was suspended, although there may have been additional reasons for that. Shortboxed will soon be badging sellers as Power Sellers and/or Trusted Graders, a move to professionalizing their service for which I heartily commend them. Hopefully as their business grows, they will be able to provide more active and sophisticated customer support as well.

Gambold Vintage

What is wrong with you?

On 10/6/2023 at 12:22 AM, wombat said:

What is wrong with you?

Seriously, I can't get a hold of my health insurance company on weekends but we expect the comic folks to be responding on saturday?