• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE to Shortboxed Shipping and Service issue
7 7

113 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2023 at 12:00 PM, 1Cool said:

My bad - he did say he has 30 years in the industry so he is old - which should have given him a bit of patience by now.

As you grow old (like me), you have LESS patience. You have less time left to live.  Certainly one day less than you had yesterday. 

Unless it's a California workday, then it actually increases the time left.

On 10/2/2023 at 12:51 PM, Lightning55 said:

As you grow old (like me), you have LESS patience. You have less time left to live.  Certainly one day less than you had yesterday. 

also less tolerance for people standing on your lawn

On 10/2/2023 at 10:51 AM, Lightning55 said:

Was gonna say - this doesn’t sound like a young person being entitled. 

If you’ve ever worked retail or costumer service, it’s rare to have an irrationally demanding costumer that’s young. The belligerent crowd is almost always 50+. 

After 30 years of e-commerce experience you wouldn't be this upset by a 4 day delay. As a seller, I'm sure you've failed to mail out something in 4 days or managed to drop it off at the po in 2 days but it sat unentered by usps for more than a couple of days. And then there are sellers who only ship out on specific days. Lots of ebay sellers do that. Many folks that sell on shortbox also sell on eBay. If Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday was their ship day and you ordered on midday on Wednesday, you're not seeing it shipped for a week.

Then sure there's always lazy or late sellers. The thing is, the way shortbox works is you have to wait for the seller AND THEN shortboxed to respond to your inquiry.

As an early shortboxed seller I used to often miss the notifications that an offer was made or book has been sold. The app just doesn't seem to notify me like ebays app but then again im not logged into it 24/7 as it frequently logs me out. I've brought that to their attention before. Instead I have to check my email for that account. I've missed some sales and best offers I would have accepted. Usually shortbox will send reminders to that account but if the seller is new and hasn't updated their spam filter the seller may never see it. Happened to me once. Another scenario is some sellers schedule pickups from usps. Usually that has to be 2 days from the day you make the pickup reservation. If the seller didn't get around to making the reservation until Friday, that pickup ain't happening until Monday. All this to say that there's a bunch or reasons the seller didn't ship before Monday other than the book was no longer available. On Monday, the seller may have received an email from shortboxed informing of the buyer inquiry. Shortbox has to wait 24-48 hrs for a seller response before taking any further action. When they do, then they will notify you. Shortboxed may not be the app you want to use for time sensitive purchases. Inventory updates are still a manual process and can be less frequently monitored than ebay for some sellers. Very few places have less than a 2 business day turnaround and I know of none where the marketplace doesn't hold the book in hand.

On 10/2/2023 at 12:43 PM, Krydel4 said:

I think this may be a case of flipping. He bought the book in order to flip it and the timeline he needs to complete the sale to the other buyer is tight. Hence the shipping anxiety.

Wouldn’t that be hilarious if the buyer were to start a similar thread because the op has yet to ship said book? :roflmao:

On 10/1/2023 at 7:26 AM, Gambold Vintage said:

A further concern is the anonymity of sellers - how would a buyer know to avoid the bad ones? The seller in this situation was suspended for lack of response. Shortboxed will soon be badging sellers as Power Sellers and/or Trusted Graders, a move to professionalizing their service for which I heartily commend them. Hopefully as their business grows, they will be able to provide more active and sophisticated customer support as well.

Gambold Vintage

@shortboxed Can any of this be verified?

On 10/3/2023 at 1:56 AM, Tnexus said:

Based on the update, it sounds like the OP was trying to sell someone a book they didn't own and were trying to buy a copy quickly on SB to flip.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.....

I'd love to see the emails between the two, especially the one that said the seller was suspended. Does shortbox suspend every seller who doesn't ship within a certain period?  I've been playing with the idea of listing some books but as I've been known to take a few days off with no warning, this might not be a good fit.  What is the short boxes official policy?