• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Login problems
2 2

57 posts in this topic

Ya @Cat I tagged you as we had similar problems before, it only seems to be on my phone though, so confused reaction might be that it's not on your end as well.

But surely you can see all three screenshots where the loaded thread page shows multiple of the same thread, in the first couple they're over lapped to where you can't see the first line of text that it shows for threads. Even some of the same threads show different last posts and posters. Idk 😐😶

On 11/3/2023 at 10:53 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya @Cat I tagged you as we had similar problems before, it only seems to be on my phone though, so confused reaction might be that it's not on your end as well.

But surely you can see all three screenshots where the loaded thread page shows multiple of the same thread, in the first couple they're over lapped to where you can't see the first line of text that it shows for threads. Even some of the same threads show different last posts and posters. Idk 😐😶

Yeah that's a new one, I haven't seen this one, luckily. My sympathies, bro, there's just too many damn problems with these boards. Bright side is its helped me cut my usage right back. Downside is I love the place. But what are you supposed to do when the boards actively fight you and your reported issues from years ago still get acted like it's the first time they've ever been heard of.

• Administrator
On 11/3/2023 at 4:55 PM, shadroch said:

I'm not sure if it is a login problem, but every so often, I get a notification of dozens of unread messages.

Go to your PM inbox.  In the drop down menu under "filter by" check unread.  This will expose the unread messages.  Click on those messages, and you will not see this notification.  

image.png

Finally got logged in as I can't get in most of the time.

Is the best remedy to delete the login cookie?  Then try logging in?  

Might add I can login to the regular site fine, but when clicking on the chat boards it opens a new window wanting to me to login again.

• Administrator
On 1/22/2024 at 3:12 PM, Kosmo23 said:

Might add I can login to the regular site fine, but when clicking on the chat boards it opens a new window wanting to me to login again.

After you try to login on chat boards , and a new window appears with a pop up, X out the popup and click on chat boards again.  You should be able to login.

On 1/23/2024 at 1:43 PM, Phicks said:

The last few days this site is asking me to login every time I come to visit.  Gets old real fast.

Welcome to the club. Find a chair and get comfy, as nobody gives a f*&# about fixing it. 

On 1/23/2024 at 6:47 AM, CGC Mike said:

I have created a ticket again regarding this.  

image.thumb.png.affd006e500a55d8f1f495b7051c8818.png

This is new, when I clicked on a reaction notification :cheers: eek :eek: 

On 1/23/2024 at 7:55 PM, John R said:

@CGC Mike I noticed that the year we joined no longer shows - is that a glitch and will it get added back?

Thanks

Before and after:

circle.PNG.2b322fad23ddd70859beb5690589d6e1.PNG circleb.PNG.b81bb9afb84ee6171ce96e74568fce4d.PNG

It's still showing on our profile pages though:

circleb2.PNG.bcbfb4d90612fff10dc600751fcaf776.PNG

• Administrator
On 1/23/2024 at 2:55 PM, John R said:

@CGC Mike I noticed that the year we joined no longer shows - is that a glitch and will it get added back?

Thanks

I have a feeling asking web help to fix the login issues has caused some other problems.  The join date missing, the hide post option is missing, and the big boss of CCG forwarded an e-mail to me with a question mark about a report post e-mail he received. 

I just found the page about the hide content option.  Everything was there except the hide post.  sigh...