• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Login problems
2 2

57 posts in this topic

I've had to login multiple times this week (twice just this morning). I'm not exactly a computer guru, so it could very well be me.

My question is -

If it's not me, can CGC's IT guys not figure out what's wrong? It's been a very long time.

Am I the only one still experiencing this problem?

Still happening to me, multiple times a day. Mike said he was forwarding it to the IT team to get them to do something, or something along those lines. An update would be nice if you've got one, Mike, please. It's infuriating and means I'm spending less time here, and I can see that continuing to happen (and the crowd goes wild!). 

It's the same now even though I've changed phones. I've gone from a Samsung Note 9 to a Samsung S23 ultra. Everything is up to date. I'm using Chrome. My favourite food is truffle butter steak, and I'm not a huge fan of long walks on the beach. What else do I need to say!?! 

I get temporary server error on a Dell laptop as well as my phone a moto g 5g.

Where it will no longer refresh, I just have to walk away and come back later.

Tablet is a Samsung tablet for those reply errors we had the other day, I think that report went through. Phone reply was the main issue and the more damage control issue with no way to reply in threads. I don't recall you asking what kind of phone etc.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
On 10/2/2023 at 10:53 AM, buttock said:

Same.  Still with the annoying scoop sign-up pop up.

I believe the "getting caught up in the loop" problem is solved?  For quite a while people would try to sign in, and it would take them back to the home page.  It still does that now, however you do not have to sign out of the home page to avoid the loop problem.  It still takes you to the home page, and it shows that your are signed out there.  After you click to get rid of the pop up, you can go to the chat forum and login.  Is everyone seeing this as well? 

I have to sign out of my CGC account, then hit chatboards and it lets me sign in. Yesterday I had to make multiple attempts, just now, it was first try. I don't remember what happened this morning when I had to sign off and back in.

This is a laptop, if it helps them.

I have to resign in EVERY time on my phone, but I'm used to that...

On 10/2/2023 at 12:05 PM, CGC Mike said:

I believe the "getting caught up in the loop" problem is solved?  For quite a while people would try to sign in, and it would take them back to the home page.  It still does that now, however you do not have to sign out of the home page to avoid the loop problem.  It still takes you to the home page, and it shows that your are signed out there.  After you click to get rid of the pop up, you can go to the chat forum and login.  Is everyone seeing this as well? 

This is exactly what happens to me. As you say, I get rid of that annoying popup, sign in, and go to the chat forums. Then, after awhile, I close out (not logout) to go play in the real world. I come back and BINGO ... I have to do it all over again.

Desktop, Windows 10, and Firefox.

Edited by Gaard

I envy those of you who have to do it just once a week. Sometimes I get lucky and yet a whole day off one one sign-in. That's been a good day, and I know it's unlikely to happen again for quite some time. 

This is what I see when it happens:

I was logged in just fine earlier today and then when I went to refresh the page I received this:

image.png.8bc21bc7e4cbd2c572965445e6a06350.png

Clicking on the Sign In takes me to this:

image.thumb.png.5a849276be3d7bc57fa4dd938c153cd1.png

I have to close out the top box for the newsletter, and I can either click on the chat boards and then the sign in button, or I can click on the sign in button on this page which will take me to the login screen, enter my username, password and select the remember me box.  I then have to select the chat boards if I try to login from this screen.  Doing this will keep me logged in for roughly 7 days.  I expect to be logged back out about this time next Thursday.  

I don't access the site from a phone or tablet, and it is being accessed through a web browser on my computer.

Psy

I saw the looping login/scoop pop-up issue mentioned in the past (months ago?), but haven't had an issue in a while.  Well, other than having to log in again after a few days (haven't counted how long), which doesn't bother me that much.  The looping login was annoying.  Sometimes it wouldn't loop - I would log in, and it would take me to the main page (I think) instead of the boards, so I'd click "Chat Boards" in the navigation bar and I'd be where I needed to be and successfully logged in.  The looping problem for me was I'd repeat the preceding steps, but when I clicked "Chat Boards", it would ask me to log in again.  So I logged in again.  At that point I can't remember if I logged in successfully or if it just went back to the main page.  I know somehow I eventually got logged in and on the boards.

One thing I still sometimes notice is that when attempting to log in, it takes a while making it seem like nothing was successful, so I tend to reload the page due to impatience.  If I had waited a few seconds longer, it would've logged in (presumably).  This definitely isn't a pc issue since I'm on a desktop I just put together with a current/modern processor and 32GB RAM.