• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey buddy......STOP MISPACKAGING MY SUBMISSIONS. More & more damage.
1 1

6 posts in this topic

The result of not packing the boxes tightly by CGC in both 2018 and now 2023 as well as quality control problems. A years long uncorrected issue. When you leave empty space in the shipping box the slabs move resulting in impact damage. Packing peanuts would solve a lot of the packaging problem. 25+ issues and counting. Damage in 8 of 11 boxes from CGC so far. Over $10k in fees and nearly $3k in damage combined 2018 and 2023. Don't blame USPS in 2018 and don't blame FedEx in 2023. Just a fraction of the damage from 2018 and 2023 pictured below. In addition, 10 issues are ridiculously shoved to the right edge beyond view and those are the new holders. Wrong spacer? First pic no seal at all. Fell in half when I removed the slab from the sleeve. 127 submissions pending at CGC. I should be excited to be receiving my submissions. Instead, I am walking on eggshells hoping my submissions don't arrive back destroyed.

IMG_9114.JPG

IMG_9115.JPG

IMG_9128.JPG

IMG_9130.JPG

IMG_9147.JPG

IMG_9149.JPG

IMG_9138.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9152.JPG

IMG_9137.JPG

IMG_9133.JPG

IMG_9120.JPG

I've had damages, but nowhere near the extent you describe. Sorry to hear. Of the 3 CGC pitfalls, non-delivery, QC issues, and damages, I don't know which is worse, or happens the most frequently. 

I'm curious as to how many slabs are in your typical delivery, and what they are using for padding???

I'm just trying to imagine finding a box of these somewhere and getting all excited and clammy seeing those top labels until I realized exactly what it was!

Sucks about the shipping damages, sorry to see that.

Edited by Mystafo

Yikes!!!!

CGC has overcharged us in last three years and they can't monitor the employees encapsulating and packing the copies.  The problems are still going on.  I don't understand what is going on with the management without any solution while we have whined.

On 10/9/2023 at 3:14 PM, PBruce said:

The result of not packing the boxes tightly by CGC in both 2018 and now 2023 as well as quality control problems. A years long uncorrected issue. When you leave empty space in the shipping box the slabs move resulting in impact damage. Packing peanuts would solve a lot of the packaging problem. 25+ issues and counting. Damage in 8 of 11 boxes from CGC so far. Over $10k in fees and nearly $3k in damage combined 2018 and 2023. Don't blame USPS in 2018 and don't blame FedEx in 2023. Just a fraction of the damage from 2018 and 2023 pictured below. In addition, 10 issues are ridiculously shoved to the right edge beyond view and those are the new holders. Wrong spacer? First pic no seal at all. Fell in half when I removed the slab from the sleeve. 127 submissions pending at CGC. I should be excited to be receiving my submissions. Instead, I am walking on eggshells hoping my submissions don't arrive back destroyed.

IMG_9114.JPG

IMG_9115.JPG

IMG_9128.JPG

IMG_9130.JPG

IMG_9147.JPG

IMG_9149.JPG

IMG_9138.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9152.JPG

IMG_9137.JPG

IMG_9133.JPG

IMG_9120.JPG

Most frightening thing I've seen in a long time...and I don't scare easily.    

I absolutely agree that the packaging has been on a downhill slide for YEARS. 

It seems like things were taken very seriously until 6 or 7 years ago. They started skimping here and there and now this? 

I haven't submitted in a few years. I have some very expensive and scarce Golden Age that could use a reholder, but I've read too much about the decline of quality control and the shipping department. I'll be holding off until this is resolved. I hope the CGC sees this. It's a real concern. For as much as we pay, there is zero excuse to skimp on packaging.