• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I get this commission edited?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Got this from (removed). I don't think it has been shipped to me yet.

I love it, except I keep wondering if her neck is too long. (Removed) has a disproportionate style anyway, and nobody on his Instagram has critiqued it... but I can't unsee it.

Am I crazy, or should I ask for him to shorten her neck somehow?

PS: sorry it's a measly phone screenshot. Best I have at the moment. (Image was removed).

What say the board?

Edit: I'm starting to think it's just an illusion from the cape/cowl style combo...

2nd Edit: Image and artist name removed to help the thread die in peace.

Edited by babsrocks31

I don't think anything can be done about that neck - and even if he wanted to, the areas he'd have to fill-in and redraw would stick out to the point that you'd be focused on that. And I don't think Batgirl would look right with yoked-out traps, which is probably the only way to edit the existing drawing.

I’m good with it. Cartoonist are goin cartoon.

Personally, I think it is a bit unreasonable to say I like your exaggerated style except on the neck… that has to be a realistic proportion.

Maybe he do you a new one to kill this thread and stop the critique on the piece… artists just love having their work picked apart in a public forum ; )

It’s a fun quirky style, I’d be happy with it.

On 10/10/2023 at 9:15 PM, babsrocks31 said:

This stuff I'm okay with (fist, waist) as that has always been a part of Gedeon's style.

The neck is the part that usually isn't disproportionate even in his pages.

Sorry, if my comments offended, but what I now gather is a deliberate style just didn’t resonate with me.

I too should apoligize. After re reading my post it seemed more bitting then it was intended, this should be a place for discussion. I posted in a snarky way that kinda stompped out discussion, my bad.

I stuggle to find the correct my to express my thoughts online without the too much of a hard edge. I'll keep trying to do better.

Edited by gumbydarnit

On 10/11/2023 at 4:25 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Sorry, if my comments offended, but what I now gather is a deliberate style just didn’t resonate with me.

I don't take this like this personally. Everyone has their preferences, right.