• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 Collecting goals?

65 posts in this topic

- Drop the monthlies and switch to all TPBs by the end of 2006 (I figure I'll switch over a few titles at a time).

- Spend less on OA (I say this every year and end up going over-budget by a factor of 3, but now that my collection has achieved critical mass, I'm confident that it can be done in 2006!!)

- Attend conventions in at least as many cities as I did in 2005 (San Diego, Philly, Baltimore, NYC).

- Visit Stevie B. and the CGC gang in Florida.

- Visit the Frazetta Museum.

Last years goal was to get serious about collecting DC Bronze Horror. I was able to obtain 59 issues from the 20 cent cover price and less. The minium grade had to be vf/nm to be in my permanent collection but I really focused on the nm- grade. I am about 9 books above my goal. yay.gif

Next years goal is to obtain about 30 books from the DC Bronze Horror in the same critia as last years.

I also want to obtain the following:

Tales Calculated to Drive You Bats 2-6 in vf or better.

This is continued on from last year. As you can see I have not made much progress. I cannot find these issues in vf or better. Help Please. frustrated.gif

Conan the Barbarian issues 70-79 in nm- or better with a focus on nm.

Trying to finish up a high grade set of 1-100. This will not be hard at all and is a mouse click away from checking it off.

Swing with Scooter 3-5 in vf/nm

Another dozen silver/bronze Wonder Womans (under issue 240) in nm- or better. I Really want to get 201,204,207 in nm- or better. I need your help with these 3 issues as it is once again carried over from the previous year. I just can't find them. frustrated.gif

Another dozen silver/bronze Batmans(under issue 270) in vf/nm or better.

Thats about it. If budget allows I would like to get a couple golden age GGA covers.

As a newbie, my goals are:

- Mylarize and organize my collection

- Sell the rest of the comics that I don't want to keep

- Start to buy Batman 608 and below and Detective Comics 801 and below...

- Buy lots and modern runs of my favourite characters.

And of course: Learn how to buy safely from USA to Spain!.

Last years goal was to finish my Thor 126-502 run. Complete! yay.gif

This years goals:

Finish TTA from 59-101 (about 75% done)

Work on a ToS run from 70-98 with as many Pedigrees as possible.

Finish my newly started Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD run

Try to find a pedigreed Hulk 104 and 105.

I'm planning on getting rid of the 'leftovers' from the basement. These accumulated as I bought bunches of books and either a) absorbed a portion of them into my personal collection, or b) sold them off on ebay in smaller batches. After doing this since 2001, I am now the proud(?) owner of about 10 long boxes of pretty much junk. These are going out the door one way or the other.

I will also finish my Valiant and Acclaim collections. Not as easy as it sounds, however, because my short list of 'needs' have proven extremely tough to find -- at the price I want to pay, of course, or because the small list of issues I need are just not around.

Finish my run of Flash 105-155(Nine issues left) and Green Lantern 1-30(13 left). Buy more Batman between 100 and 144 and Detective between 275 and 319.

Which Flash issues are left, and what minimum grade are you looking for?

I want to:

++ Continue having fun locating and buying bargain silver and bronze mixed lots on eBay from non-comic dealers, cull them and sell the rest. (Love opening those boxes with anticipation!)

++ Buy three vgf or better raw DDs from numbers 2-7.

++ Finish VF or better DD 160-170

++ Get my 6-year-old to his first con (in April here in the Twin Cities) and teach him not to buy the first things he sees tongue.gif

1.) Finish my Quality Comics Spirit Run #1-22 (4 issues to go)

2.) Upgrade the rest and continue getting pedigree copies of the 22 issues

3.) Get some new OA

4.) Complete my Fantastic Comics Run of #1-3 in VG or better (1 to go can you guess which one)

5.) If none of these pan out maybe a copy of Tec #29

Most important is to get some money.

Next years goal is to obtain about 30 books from the DC Bronze Horror in the same critia as last years.

You won't have to go far to meet your goals...I'm locked and loaded and ready to sell.. wink.gif After I've finished re-organizing my collection I'll send over a list. Thanks for continued patronage 893applaud-thumb.gif

Finish upgrading my Silver and Bronze Age X-Men.

1) 1-20: 8.0 or better

2) 21-93: 9.0 or better

3) 94-150 and GSX-1 9.6 or better

Pretty much the same for me but the I have less to go and want higher grades -

In level of priority -

1. X-men 2,3,5,7,8,10-12,15,18,28,73,76,79,91 in 9.4 or above

2. 95 and up in 9.8

3. 94,101 and Giant Size 1 in 9.6.

Perhaps I will PM you a list when I get it together of my silver issues in less than 9.4 and my bronze that are less then 9.6.