• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 Collecting goals?

65 posts in this topic

Is it too early to start this thread? What are your collecting goals for 2006? I recall stating I wanted to fill in a bunch of Batmans in 2005 and I failed miserably in that effort. I did change jobs (more $$) and move into a bigger house, though.

My 2006 goals:

Batman annuals 2,3, and 4 to complete my set.

Jumbo comics 100, 68, and at least ten others in the Sky Girl run

Complete Brave and Bold 100-200, maybe all the Batman team-ups if I'm feeling flush.

More Jonah Hexes!

More Batmans in the 130-147 range.

Closure....closure....closure

#1 Priority...get a FF#1 to finish my #1 - #520 run

#2 Get the last 9 Thor books to finish the series (V1, not counting JIMs)(

#3 Get my ASM want-list down to 10 issues (still need 25 more books to get #1 - 500)

#4 Start collecting and completing a new series (thinking about TOS...)

#5 Finally buy Sandman Mystery Theater #29 so I can finish that series as well

#6 Buy my first Golden Age book

Purchase 2 or 3 Edgar Church books (probably GGA or Sensation Comics related).

Perhaps, I will finally go back to putting together my GA superhero vehicle lifting covers by the end of the year. I love those type of covers.

I also want to pick-up a decent copy Phantom Lady #23.

I'll eventually go back to collecting SA and BA Marvels, but probably not for another 2 or 3 years. At some point I want to put together an 8.0 and better run of ASM and X-Men issues #1-150. Thankfully, I already have the first issue of each book.

Similar goals to 2005:

1. Close out run of Silver Age Professionally Graded Thors (non JIM). Looking for 130, 135, 139, 140, 143, 147, 150, 154, and 160. Will be upgrading lower graded issues too.

2. Same as #1 for Daredevil. Have a bit further but definitely do-able. Current focuses are 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, 34, 36, 40, 42, 44, 47, 48, 49, and 51.

3. Upgrade early SA Avengers and pick up the few remaining that I need.

4. Work on JIM issues. Have a long way to go on those.

Pat

Staying Focused is my primary goal, staying focused on

1) Chipping away at the 1952 books I still need

2) Keeping on filling the Hillman Airboy run and Prize Comics Western mini-run

3) Slowing buying more Atlas War books

then I can actively start on a Quality T-Man run.

My want list is still huge, but I've made tons of progress over the last year. My goal will remain to get full runs of many titles, so my approach probably will not change. I plan to continue to read a lot of issues and donate them to Comics4Kids.