• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wasn't able to recceive my FedEx order

13 posts in this topic

I had to leave this last weekend and my CGC order was coming in on Friday.  

I waiting as long as I could that day but finally had to leave at 2:00pm.  Of course Fedex made their 1st attempt to deliver at 2:30PM right after I left.

I got on their website asking for them to hold until Monday (today), I spoke to Fedex customer service (which is actually horrible), but couldn't get them to hold the package until Monday.

So on Sunday I raced home from my business trip to try to be home before their last attempt at delivery.  When I was an hour away I got the text message that said they made their final attempt.

3 more phone calls to Fedex asking them to deliver it today or at least let me pick it up at their hub, and.... nothing.

So.... how does this work?  They just send it back to you and you send it back to me again?

The Submission # is 4332567 

• Administrator

Hello @gadzukes

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear you missed your deliveries. Once we receive the returned package and check it into the system, we will reach out to you via email to arrange for a reshipment. Just like the intake of a new submission, the intake of a returned submission can take several business days to be entered into the system. We will reach out to you as soon as possible after the delivery of the package, and appreciate your patience.  

If you are unable to be home to sign for deliveries during normal delivery hours, you can provide a FedEx Onsite location address at that time, and your package will be delivered to the FedEx Onsite location instead of home delivery allowing you to pick it up at your convenience. 

I would also suggest registering for FedEx Delivery Manager.

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 10/16/2023 at 8:07 PM, gadzukes said:

I had to leave this last weekend and my CGC order was coming in on Friday.  

I waiting as long as I could that day but finally had to leave at 2:00pm.  Of course Fedex made their 1st attempt to deliver at 2:30PM right after I left.

I got on their website asking for them to hold until Monday (today), I spoke to Fedex customer service (which is actually horrible), but couldn't get them to hold the package until Monday.

So on Sunday I raced home from my business trip to try to be home before their last attempt at delivery.  When I was an hour away I got the text message that said they made their final attempt.

3 more phone calls to Fedex asking them to deliver it today or at least let me pick it up at their hub, and.... nothing.

So.... how does this work?  They just send it back to you and you send it back to me again?

The Submission # is 4332567 

Another suggestion, for the future, is if you can see that the order will be shipping soon and you will not be around like you said when it ships, call CGC ahead and tell them to hold the package until you are back or until you call them back to release the hold.  I have done this a couple of times and it works well.  

On 10/17/2023 at 4:07 PM, NickiO CS said:

I have delivery manager and it did nothing for me on this order.  Plus 4 calls to Fedex.  When I got home (an hour after the final delivery attempt was made) I called them 3 times to hold the package so that I could simply pick it up.  They said they would but they didn't.  Frustrating.

Moving forward I will be having ALL of my shipments dropped off at the local Fedex location instead of my house.

Edited by gadzukes

On 10/21/2023 at 7:10 AM, Gaard said:

@NickiO CS

Just curious...

Do all of these stories (and there are many) of FedEx's ineptness give cause at all to CGC rethinking this 'FedEx only' rule?

I believe Blackstone the CGC parent company has a major stake in FedEx. Must be a great deal on shipping cost for CGC.

On 10/17/2023 at 4:07 PM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @gadzukes

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear you missed your deliveries. Once we receive the returned package and check it into the system, we will reach out to you via email to arrange for a reshipment. Just like the intake of a new submission, the intake of a returned submission can take several business days to be entered into the system. We will reach out to you as soon as possible after the delivery of the package, and appreciate your patience.  

If you are unable to be home to sign for deliveries during normal delivery hours, you can provide a FedEx Onsite location address at that time, and your package will be delivered to the FedEx Onsite location instead of home delivery allowing you to pick it up at your convenience. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

My order was delivered back to CGC on the 19th.  I still don't see anything else about it on the submissions page.  Just wondering,