• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FedEx strikes again
3 3

34 posts in this topic

I have all of my CGC shipments sent to the Walgreens 3 miles away.  Today I checked my submission and it said it was delivered.  I go to Walgreens they don't have it, I give them the tracking number and they said they don't have that box on their list.  I look online, in said it was delivered and signed for.  :pullhair:  Called FedEx, and they are asking me why I went to Walgreens to pick it up as they didn't send a notice. I said, because it said it was delivered!  :pullhair: :pullhair: 

Got home and saw that FedEx delivered my Heritage order.  They could have put it in any spot on my porch, but decided to leave it in the pouring rain! :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

On 10/20/2023 at 8:17 PM, toro said:

I have all of my CGC shipments sent to the Walgreens 3 miles away.  Today I checked my submission and it said it was delivered.  I go to Walgreens they don't have it, I give them the tracking number and they said they don't have that box on their list.  I look online, in said it was delivered and signed for.  :pullhair:  Called FedEx, and they are asking me why I went to Walgreens to pick it up as they didn't send a notice. I said, because it said it was delivered!  :pullhair: :pullhair: 

Got home and saw that FedEx delivered my Heritage order.  They could have put it in any spot on my porch, but decided to leave it in the pouring rain! :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

I sincerely hope your books were OK...  :wishluck:

I was expecting that they were lost, but then wet isn't much better, especially if you mean there are drop off options on the porch. Common sense isn't as common, but I hope they turn out OK when you open!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

In the spring FedEx delivered 4 boxes to my house. Only problem was they weren't my packages. 

It had someone else's name and address. They were over 25 miles away.  I called FedEx and they said they would pick them up,  but never showed.

After a few days of getting nowhere,  I drove out to the guys house and delivered the packages. The guy said he had filed a claim but FedEx kept showing the package delivered.

On 10/20/2023 at 8:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was expecting that they were lost, but then wet isn't much better, especially if you mean there are drop off options on the porch. Common sense isn't as common, but I hope they turn out OK when you open!

Well right now my shipment from CGC is lost.  My order from Heritage is drying out in my back hall.  They managed to screw up two different orders in one day.

On 10/20/2023 at 9:51 PM, jimjum12 said:

You should remove them from packaging. Being enclosed in dampness can exacerbate things like foxing and staple rust. When I get a wet package I always carefully remove the items. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Thanks, I will do that.

The last five or so comic books FedEx has delivered, including one box on Thursday, October 19, 2023 (I was home and heard it land on the porch with a thump), they just throw on my porch from the path before the stairs; there are three steps to reach the porch.

However, on Wednesday, Oct., 18, I had a box weighing 54lbs. delivered. Even if they threw it on the path no damage would have occurred. The FedEx delivery person must despise having to deliver such relatively heavy boxes. Hahahahaha... Yes, it is petty of me to laugh but, well, "screwdriver" FedEx.

FedEx is the worse in Idaho. Just deliver boxes to any house in my neighborhood and mark as delivered. Constantly running around the neighborhood looking for my packages or asking my neighbors. USPS is the only reliable service in my area with a dedicated hotline direct to a supervisor that handles all my inquires. 

Just today - I was notified by e-mail that my CGC package was out for delivery today (yes, Saturday).   A little bit after Noon, I get another e-mail from Fed Ex that my package couldn't be delivered because no one was home - WTF!!!  I WAS home.  I even went through my door cam footage and there was no Fed Ex truck or driver in front of my home during the time which they say they tried to attempt delivery.  And now, no one is answering at the main hub where the shipment is dispatched from.  :censored:

On 10/21/2023 at 1:46 PM, workingdog said:

Just today - I was notified by e-mail that my CGC package was out for delivery today (yes, Saturday).   A little bit after Noon, I get another e-mail from Fed Ex that my package couldn't be delivered because no one was home - WTF!!!  I WAS home.  I even went through my door cam footage and there was no Fed Ex truck or driver in front of my home during the time which they say they tried to attempt delivery.  And now, no one is answering at the main hub where the shipment is dispatched from.  :censored:

I know your pain, I get those all the time.  My driveway is a dirt driveway and if a truck drives down it I know it is coming. If they decide to walk down it, I have this cool device called a door bell.  I'm not sure if FedEx has trained their drivers in how to use it yet. 

I'll be upstairs on my pc and get a notification that they attempted delivery and no one was home.  I call Fedex and they say they will send the driver back, but that never happens.  They ask about the door tag, but there is none as the driver never attempted delivery.  It's a Saturday and he is off watching his kid's soccer game.

On 10/21/2023 at 1:31 PM, toro said:

I know your pain, I get those all the time.  My driveway is a dirt driveway and if a truck drives down it I know it is coming. If they decide to walk down it, I have this cool device called a door bell.  I'm not sure if FedEx has trained their drivers in how to use it yet. 

I'll be upstairs on my pc and get a notification that they attempted delivery and no one was home.  I call Fedex and they say they will send the driver back, but that never happens.  They ask about the door tag, but there is none as the driver never attempted delivery.  It's a Saturday and he is off watching his kid's soccer game.

Thank you for the empathetic ear.  The other way I know if a delivery truck be it Fed Ex, UPS, the Postal Service pulls up in front of my house is my dogs start barking something fierce.  The next state over can hear them.  But not a peep today.

Note who owns 6.45% of Fedex Corp.

File Date Form Investor   Prev
Shares
Latest
Shares
Δ Shares
(Percent)
Ownership
(Percent)
Δ Ownership
(Percent)
2023-02-14 13G/A DODGE & COX   16,674,920 17,331,895 3.94 6.90 9.52
2023-02-09 13G/A VANGUARD GROUP INC   18,390,509 19,050,450 3.59 7.55 8.79
2023-02-09 13G/A PRIMECAP MANAGEMENT CO/CA/   13,195,532 13,921,967 5.51 5.52 10.84
2023-02-07 13G/A BlackRock Inc.   16,526,633 16,691,254 1.00 6.60 6.45
2023-02-06 13G/A SMITH FREDERICK W   20,783,462 20,658,394 -0.60 8.20 3.80

On 10/21/2023 at 8:57 AM, Nazirite said:

Why use FedEx when you can use USPS? After my last chase down with a FedEx driver, I opted for USPS P.O. Box. No more FedEx. 

When my FedEx driver decided to start signing for my packages and leaving them on the porch even when I'm home, I cursed them out.  But now, apparently my USPS driver pretty much does the same as he has decided to sign for me, even though I'm home.  They knock and within 30 seconds sign for me and leave.  Half the time I open the door as they're still getting back into their vehicle.  Maybe I should just wait for them on a chair on the porch, but of course there's no telling when they'll arrive.

On 10/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, Telegan said:

When my FedEx driver decided to start signing for my packages and leaving them on the porch even when I'm home, I cursed them out.  But now, apparently my USPS driver pretty much does the same as he has decided to sign for me, even though I'm home.  They knock and within 30 seconds sign for me and leave.  Half the time I open the door as they're still getting back into their vehicle.  Maybe I should just wait for them on a chair on the porch, but of course there's no telling when they'll arrive.

I have heard of FedEx doing that but never USPS. The USPS carrier would be in a lot of trouble for that. You should go to your local post office and ask to speak to the supervisor of the carriers.