• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: PGM Crypt of Terror 19
2 2

10 posts in this topic

So I already 99% know the answer but just wanted more opinions on what the highest grade might be with this big chunk missing. One staple also detached at center. Also there’s a lot of cover wrinkling; assuming  this was pressed (and can be pressed) to remove a lot of that, would that make any difference? Thanks for looking!

IMG_9900.jpeg

IMG_9903.jpeg

IMG_9904.jpeg

IMG_9905.jpeg

IMG_9907.jpeg

IMG_9906.jpeg

IMG_9909.jpeg

Edited by MisterMR
Added photo

Ouch.

For starters, a large piece missing from the cover can't be Qualified like a missing piece from the interior. The final grade also depends on how nice the rest of the book is, and you're right, this cover has a lot of wrinkles. 

Judging by some of the other books I've seen, I think the best this one could be is around a 1.5. 

On 3/12/2024 at 7:35 PM, MisterMR said:

Grade came back lower than I expected TBH. I thought this would be a 1.5, MAYBE a 1.8. @joeypost did an INCREDIBLE job on this, getting all the cover wrinkles out and doing a cleaning; it looks so much better. But I guess that corner chunk was too much to overcome. 

IMG_1102.jpeg

IMG_1104.jpeg

IMG_1103.jpeg

You cant expect CGC to accurately grade your book with all the voodoo drums beating incessantly.  1.5 would have been nice but still a cool book 

On 3/14/2024 at 10:56 PM, Bmattioli86 said:

Ah, drats.. harsh grade at 1.0… would the staple detachment have anything to do with the grade given even with the big chunk missing? Still looks gorgeous either way! 

You’d think so, but they didn’t even put it in the grader notes. I’m half tempted to resubmit but at most I could hope for a .5 bump 

The staple detachment makes little difference in the grade because of the size of the missing piece. It could have been the difference between a 1.5 and a 1.0 or it could've meant nothing. 2c

On 3/15/2024 at 11:51 PM, MisterMR said:

You’d think so, but they didn’t even put it in the grader notes. I’m half tempted to resubmit but at most I could hope for a .5 bump 

Presentation wise, you can’t even notice the ripped corner B|