• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link Fall Featured Auction Nov 17
2 2

125 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2023 at 7:39 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Congrats to whoever sniped me on the Joe Q Ray cover... have fond memories of that limited series

It wasn't me. Not sure how but I lost it by $33. I was winning it at 2600.   (shrug)

On 12/7/2023 at 7:49 AM, 1classics said:
On 12/6/2023 at 6:12 PM, Matches_Malone said:

A 90's Jim Lee X Men double page splash featuring Claws Out Wolverine and Omega Red should be hovering above $50K as the auction is coming to an end. This one currently sits at $18K
What is the difference value consensus of Scott Williams's inks versus Art Thibert? 

In the past, it felt it was close to double. Is it 3X now?

Problem is it’s now recycled, sold a year ago with heritage for $43k with the juice, so generally unless there’s a new audience consignor may take a haircut. 🤷‍♂️

$36,552.  If it previously sold for $43k, then the consignor took a serious bath, particularly after factoring in Clink's commission.  Roughly a 23% loss!  :eek:

The TOMB RAIDER / WITCHBLADE SPECIAL #1 PAGE 9 & 10 DOUBLE SPLASH by Michael Turner has some history

image.thumb.png.802e027b7fc0d9d9a3dba689277da9be.pngy.

was sold at Heritage in sep 2021 for $2280

instaflip at CAF for $4000 or $4500 (did not remember the exact price) some months later, seller was Jordan who bought 4 pages from this issue. All were sold in one auction at Heritage 2 years ago

the new owner had it listed at CAF for $9000 two month ago

hammer price at Comiclink: $1791

On 12/7/2023 at 7:39 AM, KirbyCollector said:

Who was the seller?

I never got his name.  He is a comic book dealer and had a few OA pieces for sale. He had this piece, and another Byrne She Hulk splash featuring the Thing at HeroesCon...he sold the other piece at the show.

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 12/7/2023 at 7:45 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I never got his name.  He is a comic book dealer and had a few OA pieces for sale. He had this piece, and another Byrne She Hulk splash featuring the Thing at HeroesCon...he sold the other piece at the show.

Maybe someone who knows thr Byrne market better than I do can comment, but it strikes me more as 10k than 20k - maybe the auction result is a touch low but it seems more in line than the initial ask?

On 12/7/2023 at 7:49 AM, Bronty said:

Maybe someone who knows thr Byrne market better than I do can comment, but it strikes me more as 10k than 20k - maybe the auction result is a touch low but it seems more in line than the initial ask?

Difficult to say.  The other piece had an asking price of $15, which he sold at HeroesCon.  I don’t know if he got his full asking price for it, but presumably it did sell in excess of $10K.  The piece that sold on Clink for $8.7K is the nicer of the two, IMHO

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 12/6/2023 at 11:10 PM, Shemp said:

It wasn't me. Not sure how but I lost it by $33. I was winning it at 2600.   (shrug)

Yes, guess that made me bidder 3 at 2500... but am not sure why a later bid than yours didn't include the next full increment higher. 

Love the cover, still remember how vivid it was on the rack... if it wasn't for 2 pages in next month's HA auction calling my name, I would have made a better effort last night.

On 12/7/2023 at 6:20 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

This Byrne She Hulk splash featuring the Thing had an asking price of $20K at HeroesCon and Baltimore.

sold on clink for $8.7K last nite :boo:

image.thumb.jpeg.c6fda8c45ee7312602c89a650044b9b7.jpeg

And went right in the range we were talking about at the convention when you showed it to me. A bit of sanity returns to the world. 😂 

On 12/7/2023 at 6:49 AM, Bronty said:

To put it most succinctly…Byrne She Hulk collectors, collect Byrne She Hulk pages that have She Hulk by Byrne on them.  

added….I thought 10k was right, this was $9500 for sales tax paying patrons. 

Edited by comix4fun