• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does the clock start for Sig Series?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello! I sent in a comic for the most recent Neil Gaiman signing, the deadline for which was extended after my submission. When does the estimate 6-8 weeks for grading start? The extended submission deadline was 31 August, now we are approaching the end of October and my submission is still listed as awaiting grading. Thank you!

• Administrator

Hello! The 6-8 week turnaround times start after the signing has taken place. Until then your books will be stored in our signature series safe. Please note, these cutoff dates are scheduled weeks and in some cases months in advance for the signing. This is to allow our team ample time for processing before the signing. Thank you for your patience. Let us know if you have any other questions!

On 10/27/2023 at 7:12 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello! The 6-8 week turnaround times start after the signing has taken place. Until then your books will be stored in our signature series safe. Please note, these cutoff dates are scheduled weeks and in some cases months in advance for the signing. This is to allow our team ample time for processing before the signing. Thank you for your patience. Let us know if you have any other questions!

I noticed a couple artists (not Gaiman) were posting pictures of their sketches online during NYCC. How soon after would the turnaround start?

Edited by Le Chat Noir

• Administrator

Hello @Le Chat Noir

While an artist may post a single or even a few examples of their completed sketches, the entire batch of sketches and signings must be completed before we can begin processing the submissions. If would like to check if a signing event has been updated with a completion date by the Signature Series team. This is the date we will use to estimate the 6 or 8 week turnaround time. 

If you have any other questions, please let us now.