• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BOLO Comic Marauders
1 1

34 posts in this topic

In this case, the marauder brought sweet GA books into the house.   :cloud9:

Sadly, he took them home when he left.  :(

On 11/21/2023 at 6:45 AM, vaultkeeper said:

It was great to see so many fantastic books up close. You can really appreciate the inks, gloss and page quality when they are out of their mylars. The Church, Spokane and White Mountain books were incredible.

mystery in space.jpg

I’ll bet. There is nothing like raw high grade Peds. I understand slabbing them but a much of what we love about them gets lost when encased. Mr Strange gets it…

They keep coming.  I think it may be necessary to call in the National Gaurd, as soon as they get done with the NYC Subway.

Jay Vault 1.jpg

Jay Vault 2.jpg

Jay Vault 3.jpg

Jay Vault 5.jpg

On 4/15/2024 at 7:38 PM, vaultkeeper said:

With all the artwork to look at, and all the books that were brought, we could have spent two days going through everything. 

At least! And that is just what Adamstrange decided to share with us. It was nice to finally meet the legendary Vaultkeeper too! All the books and OA to look at was such a treat. Still processing all I got to see!

One benefit of having an artist (Jayman) participating, is the insight and analysis he has with respect to the original comic art we looked at.  It gave me a new perspective on several of my pieces.

On 4/16/2024 at 6:16 PM, adamstrange said:

When pre-code horror collectors gather together...

Magical things happen! The showing of some top examples of books and the sharing of some of the history behind them was such a treat. Just one phenomenal book after another! Seeing first hand the page quality on certain copies takes the appreciation to the next level.