• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE! — CGC nefarious behavior! Any advice/help would be appreciated.
6 6

183 posts in this topic

I have been reading the posts and Thank you all for your time that read and commented, I appreciate it.

I just got their response yesterday in an email, so I’m absorbing it and figuring out how to proceed.

In the email, I was told this -

Our Operations manager reviewed the security footage from when our Receiving team opened your package.  The receiving rep can be seen opening the box and removing the two comics and their packing slip but, unfortunately, there was nothing else included in the box.  There was no magazine or magazine packing slip included inside.   Is it possible that you thought you included it but perhaps it got left out on your end accidentally? 

The magazine packaging slip was between the cardboard attached to the magazine plastic. Not on the outside. The wrapped up magazine and wrapped up comics were wrapped together. I packed it so I know. That is why I want to see the video.

When I called, they said the woman who left a voicemail and sent me an email was not available, I said I would wait. The other woman put me on hold came back and said to just email your concerns. I asked that I would like to view the video, I was told we can’t show that. The conversation was going nowhere so I said I would email and I sent an email and I’m waiting for a response.

I don’t know how to respond further until I can see what happened with the package. I also don’t know how things are handled after it’s opened and where items go when it’s comics and magazines.

The magazine and comics were sent together. One invoice packed with the 2 comics and one invoice packed with 1 magazine, all together in one box. It just may have been a mistake and discarded by accident. Can only see what they show me, to this point they’ve showed me nothing. They can post it here, I don’t care. It’s an expensive item. For them to basically say, nothing to see here, take our word, your at fault is ridiculous.

• Administrator
On 11/1/2023 at 11:31 PM, Ghostzapper said:

I would appreciate help from anyone. Something happened, either by mistake or intentional and can’t get answers.

Hi

I am sorry this has happened to you.  Please PM me your customer id number, the 2 submission numbers, and the name of the person or person's that you have given you the answers posted here.  I will look into this.  

Thanks,

Mike

We'll soon have to include detailed instructions on how to open boxes, laminated to the top of the box, and, inside the box at, the very top, how to unpack the contents.

I joke, or do I.

On 11/2/2023 at 7:25 AM, Jasten said:

Mistakes are bound to happen.

I absolutely agree with this, mistakes do happen. It seems that with video of the package being opened and about a month of time, there should already be a solution. Maybe the OP didn't send the magazine, maybe he did. There's a video that would go a long way to proving it and one person, for certain, who should be able to see that video to address that concern.

Kudos to those of you who continue to send books in without fear, or with the knowledge, that CGC will do right by you.

On 11/2/2023 at 8:36 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

You're right, mistakes do happen even in the most experienced, careful operations. 

Placing notes in the box is a good idea, and can only help. But submissions to CGC can include items valued in the tens of thousands. Is it too much to expect that a thorough investigation of each box is not standard?

It was sent USPS Express Mail, under Unlimited Value tier, in total (both comics and one magazine) had a declared value of $20K. I wrote UV about a dozen times on all sides of the box.

On 11/2/2023 at 12:52 PM, Ghostzapper said:

It was sent USPS Express Mail, under Unlimited Value tier, in total (both comics and one magazine) had a declared value of $20K. I wrote UV about a dozen times on all sides of the box.

Hopefully CGC Mike can influence things in the right direction. We rarely get to hear how these matters resolve themselves, which itself speaks volumes, but I wish you the best of luck. 

I find this all very interesting and topical (to me).  I recently sent in 4 modern books (2 copies of each issue/title) for pressing and grading.  Then this past Monday, 10/30, I receive an e-mail from CGC that when they opened the package, there was only 1 copy of each book, not two.  Now I know I have my share of senior moments but I'm pretty much on the mark when it comes to submitting books for grading. 

Edited by workingdog

On 11/2/2023 at 3:14 PM, thehumantorch said:

Another option would be theft by an employee of Cgc 

Indeed, but I suppose that amounts to the same thing to the OP - CGC lost it. 

I'm going to duck out of this now. It's Ghostzapper's thread, and I wouldn't want to jeopardise his negotiations with CGC by speculating. I was hoping just to add a supporting voice to his cause, which on the face of it, has a very simple path to resolution. I wish him well.

On 11/2/2023 at 10:19 AM, workingdog said:

I find this all very interesting and topical (to me).  I recently sent in 4 modern books (2 copies of each issue/title) for pressing and grading.  Then this past Monday, 10/30, I receive an e-mail from CGC that when they opened the package, there was only 1 copy of each book, not two.  Now I know I have my share of senior moments but I'm pretty much on the mark when it comes to submitting books for grading. 

To CGC's credit, I've on occasion sent an EXTRA book that wasn't invoiced and they've caught it. 

But in your case, I'm wondering how they were packaged? Where they all packaged in one stack? That's how I usually send all my books - even if they are all different sizes, I manage to wrap them safely together so that they have to go through EVERY BOOK before the package is disposed. 

I've long avoided dropping separate packages into a box for this specific reason. 

On 11/2/2023 at 8:25 AM, Jasten said:

The safest would have been to ship them separately as then there is no ambiguity on if it arrives and was opened. Of course it sucks to pay more shipping but for a high value item I would absolutely that this precaution.

A good solution is make sure they are somehow bound together and not dropped into a box separately. 

On 11/2/2023 at 8:52 AM, Ghostzapper said:

What type of box was it sent in ? Did it open at the ends or was it opened from the top? GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/2/2023 at 11:36 AM, jimjum12 said:

What type of box was it sent in ? Did it open at the ends or was it opened from the top? GOD BLESS ... 

You are such a great diagnostic technician! (worship)

On 11/2/2023 at 10:32 AM, VintageComics said:

To CGC's credit, I've on occasion sent an EXTRA book that wasn't invoiced and they've caught it. 

But in your case, I'm wondering how they were packaged? Where they all packaged in one stack? That's how I usually send all my books - even if they are all different sizes, I manage to wrap them safely together so that they have to go through EVERY BOOK before the package is disposed. 

I've long avoided dropping separate packages into a box for this specific reason. 

Hi!

Yes all four books were packaged in a stack.  And shipped in one box.  I think I'm going to start taking photo's of what books are placed in a submission box before I send it in.

On 11/2/2023 at 11:36 AM, jimjum12 said:

I purchased it from USPS, they’re like $5 but I have to recheck. They’re brown and similar to USPS’s 1095 box. I’ll take a pic later. But when I’m sending 1-3 slabs or under 5 books/magazines I’ll use them for Express Mail.

On 11/2/2023 at 11:40 AM, workingdog said:

Hi!

Yes all four books were packaged in a stack.  And shipped in one box.  I think I'm going to start taking photo's of what books are placed in a submission box before I send it in.

This certainly has made me think how to proceed going forward. They also make you think you’re crazy when you know you did something. I hope you get a resolution as well.

On 11/2/2023 at 12:34 PM, Ghostzapper said:

I purchased it from USPS, they’re like $5 but I have to recheck. They’re brown and similar to USPS’s 1095 box. I’ll take a pic later. But when I’m sending 1-3 slabs or under 5 books/magazines I’ll use them for Express Mail.

If it opens from the top, it could easily have been overlooked if the mag was on the bottom ... if sideways, there's not much excuse. That's why I asked. When I ship multiple packets within a larger box, I do like Roy said and tape them all together, so they ALL come out. I, too, have mistaken a cardboard sandwich as just another piece of cardboard. GOD BLESS ... 

On 11/2/2023 at 12:46 PM, jimjum12 said:

If it opens from the top, it could easily have been overlooked if the mag was on the bottom ... if sideways, there's not much excuse. That's why I asked. When I ship multiple packets within a larger box, I do like Roy said and tape them all together, so they ALL come out. I, too, have mistaken a cardboard sandwich as just another piece of cardboard. GOD BLESS ... 

This is called wisdom. lol